• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When generating the output i need to be in a specific folder structure, how can i do it ?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating the WebHelp file folder contents isn't structured. I made the topics in structure inside a folder. But i cant do that for images,styles, whdata, whgdata and whxdata folder. How can i put inside a folder in a structured manner. If i changes these manually then nothing works. Please help me on this. When i looked into project manager i can see images, stylesheets etc. But i cant move these things to a folder and no contents appear inside these.

Basically i need  a structure like this

Content

-- topic 1

-- topic 2

Data

-- whdata

-- whxdata

-- whgdata

-- css

-- images

Thanks for helping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hmmm, I've been using RoboHelp for more than 20 years. In all that time, this would be the first such request I've seen where someone is wanting to rearrange the output folder structure as far as the whdata and other folders RoboHelp creates.

The short answer is that you won't be able to totally accomplish your goal. At least, not as far as the folders RoboHelp creates for its own purposes. Now as far as the CSS and Images go, all you would have to do is create a CSS folder and move your CSS file (or files) there. Same for Images. And when moving the files, only do it from inside RoboHelp so all pointers are correct.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find all css and images files in the project manager structure, when i expand it, it shows nothing. Actually i imported a file which done by some one else. One more thing i did see some structured robohelp files for another project. They have been made all files into just 2 main folders as i mentioned in the first post ( Content and Data ). I don't know if they manually linked those together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Perhaps it's simply the terminology you are using. Are you coming to RoboHelp from the FrameMaker world? I know in FrameMaker, there is such a thing as "Structured Frame" and "Unstructured Frame". I'm not a FrameMaker person, but that's where my mind heads when I hear the word "structured". Perhaps you are simply meaning to say "RoboHelp projects using folders" and the folders are providing the "structure" you are talking about?

You may be confused as the Project Manager actually has a few different ways of being presented. One of the ways is by choosing between the "Classic" view and the "Global" view. You change views using the icons shown below:

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my project structure view. As you can see there is no elements inside parent folders images,multimedia and stylesheets. Is that usual or something is missing here ?

xrFBNsL.png

I created Data and Contetn folders inside HTML files and put topic files inside content folder. I need to put elements like images,stylesheets, whxdata,whgdata and all other folders into the Data folder. So basically the root will have only Content and Data. Is that possible by even editing some files manually ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, your view is set to "Classic". What happens in this view is a bit like the "Red Reveal" toys we used to see in Cracker Jack treats, Remember those?

redreveal.jpg

This is how the Project Manager behaves when set to Classic view. You won't see an actual folder named "Images" or "Multimedia" or "Style Sheets" because the Classic view simply presents a filtered view of each of these. It will list only images that the project knows about in the Images "folder" and only CSS files the project knows about in the Style Sheets "folder".

As for the files that you see in the wgdata and whxdata, you simply will not be able to organize them into the "Data" folder. They are created by RoboHelp during the process of generating your output. Sure, you could just drag the files using Windows Explorer after things are generated, but good luck in using your help if you did that. It would explode in your face and likely nothing would work!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just put it as like robohelp generate. Not going to go further for now. I have to manually rearrange links beween each files and it seems somewhat difficult.If i have much time i will go with it. Thanks for the help Captiv8r‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you imported a file by someone else. Perhaps the problem is that you were only given the output files, rather than the source files? You can tell if you have the source files if you have file types like .xpj, .apj, .ssl in the root folder of the files you were given.

If you started with output files, have a look at this site. It offers links for a manual (free) process and an automatic (for a fee) process.

Reverse Engineering

(Assuming you imported output files, Rick can probably offer some advice on whether his process is worth attempting on your current project, or if it's better to start again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its a source. I have .xpj,.apj and .ssl files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp