• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I publish to a SharePoint online folder, duplicate TOCs display.

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish to a SharePoint online folder, duplicate TOCs display.TOC RH.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you running? Classic or New UI (RH2019)? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. If you generate to a local folder, does it appear correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread says there is a reply but it's not showing.

There was a forum glitch and Jeff's reply is now showing. He asked the same question about your version.

Whenever you post, please give more information. What version of RoboHelp for a start. Which skin?

In this case is it OK before you publish to Sharepoint?

I've seen examples of two TOCs when someone sets their start page as the default topic but here you have three TOCs. One looks more like a TOC from a Word output.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeff,

I am running the latest version, RoboHelp 2019.0.14 with the most recent updates. (NOT RoboHelp Classic). This project was originally a RoboHelp Classic project that was upgraded. When I generate to a local folder the same issue happens, so I can't blame it on SharePoint. If I click another topic besides the Introduction topic (index,htm) it displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Index.htm is the start page. It looks like you might be mixing that up with the default topic and that would explain the behaviour. 

Make sure your start page is index.htm and your default topic is not the same. It should be the topic you want to see in the help when it first opens. Probably introduction.htm from what you have posted.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the changes to the default topic and do not have the Index topic display initially. However, if the Index topic is clicked, it still shows up multiple TOCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a topic in your source files with the name index.htm. You should not as RoboHelp creates that when generating.

It looks like you do have such a file and that it is causing this confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was fixed by clearing cache and reloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp