• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When viewing from SharePoint I get the Javascript error "Uncaught ReferenceError: gTopicFrameName is not defined".

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my help file opens, I am taken to the Index page and none of the hyperlinks work (TOC does not work and I can not open any help files). I have published before with no issues at all.

When you use the search bar, find and open a topic, all of the links and everything work perfectly how they did before. When you check the console in Chrome it says "Uncaught ReferenceError: gTopicFrameName is not defined"

It seems to be a RoboHelp error.  Is there a TopicFrameName property in RoboHelp?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what point in the publish process does this error occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After it has published. When I click on the hyperlink to the help files within SharePoint the error occurs. It might be a SharePoint issue, but instead of going to the introduction page (that I set as default and the start page in RoboHelp) it links to the Index and none of the hyperlinks work until I use the search function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh okay. I just updated the thread title to read:

When viewing from SharePoint I get the Javascript error "Uncaught ReferenceError: gTopicFrameName is not defined".

Perhaps Willam will see this thread and pop in to advise.

As you say this worked before and for whatever reason is not working now, I suspect perhaps a browser upgrade broke things. Are you up to date with your service releases for RoboHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Rick won't mind me jumping in. What is the output you are creating? And if you are on a HTML5 output, do you use the SharePoint publish option where you transform to SharePoint code (ASPX) or are you copying HTML files to SharePoint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually hoping you would stop by!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I'll update RoboHelp to see if that will cure things and let you know!

And the output is Responsive HTML 5 using the SharePoint publish option, I've tried the 'Republish all' option as well and it is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which RoboHelp version (and patch version) are you using? Also, which layout are you using? I just tried with RoboHelp 11 and it worked for me. But if I use a different RH version or a different layout, that doesn't say anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using RoboHelp 11.0.4.291 and we have been trying to figure it out all week. The only solution we found was changing the hyperlink on SharePoint fixed the problem, but we are not sure why the problem occurred in the first place which is worrying if it happens again. Thank you for your time looking into this, I have a feeling it might be to do with SharePoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmh. So what did you change in SharePoint? What does changing the hyperlink mean? If you can explain the situation where it was broken and the working situation, I may be able to reproduce the error and see what is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On our SharePoint site, the hyperlink was to open the help files that RoboHelp outputted. I followed the step by step guides our last technical author set up to generate output from RoboHelp. The original hyperlink used the Index.aspx to open up the help files to the introduction page. It worked fine for a while but then when I generated the Help files recently it stopped working. We found out changing the hyperlink directly to introduction.aspx solved the problem.  All the other projects use the same output with the index.aspx as the hyperlink so I was confused why it was happening to that output. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you changed the start file to be called? That was all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp