• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When we upgraded from RH11 to RH2015 the upgraded project didn't have any of the topics in it. Is there a way to get the topics to appear without having to import them after the upgrade?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we upgraded from RH11 to RH2015 the upgraded project didn't have any of the topics in it. Is there a way to get the topics to appear without having to import them after the upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After – the .cpd file is a little Access database of the project – if it’s missing, RH creates it. There’s a setting that will clear it each time RH starts and opens the project, but if your project is really large, this adds a lag to regaining control, so it’s usually not used with ones like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I deleted the .cpd but, unfortunately, that didn't solve the topic list problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a project that you can share where you have not attempted to upgrade it? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

We can see if it will upgrade in a different environment.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, due to company policy, I'm not able to share it. I wish I could though, because I'd be interested to see if a different environment would yield different results. Thanks for the offer and the assistance on this, it's greatly appreciated.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would they let Adobe take a look if I can arrange that? Can't promise but

happy to try.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check with my boss and I'll get back to you. If you don't hear from me today, I'll check in again first thing tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with my boss and he doesn't want to release the project at this time. So, thanks for the offer and the assistance. It would've been good to get Adobe's input on this issue as it seems to happen even on patch upgrades. The good thing is that all I have to do to fix the problem is either restore the broken links (if the project recognizes the topics exist already) or just import the topics back into the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your particular situation is certainly not normal. I've never seen anyone other than you report this specific behavior. I say that not to chide you in any way, but only to say that it's likely related to some aspect of your particular project. As such, it likely will require others to gain access to your project as Peter has suggested in order to determine what is happening.

I know Peter is different from Adobe, so hopefully Adobe will hold more sway and seem more trustworthy when you tell your boss. But don't be a bit surprised when Adobe asks the same thing Peter did. They will likely need a copy of your project in order to determine what is happening.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, okay, I am amused now. Moments ago I upgraded one of my own projects. Not because of this thread, but because I was going to make an edit. And after the upgrade, I'm seeing a slightly similar situation. For me, the Topic List is present and fully populated. But my Project Manager pod shows no topics whatsoever. Even after clobbering and rebuilding the CPD.

After I perform some experimentation I'll be happy to share any discoveries.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, mystery solved. And as it turns out, my own mystery was related to an attempt to help with this particular situation.

When you view the Project Manager pod, you see a small funnel icon. When you click that icon, you have the opportunity to clear the check marks so as to filter out content in the Project Manager. During the process of playing with RoboHelp to see if I might reproduce your situation, I had turned off all my icons as shown below:

tmp1.png

Once I re-enabled all the categories by placing check marks back in there, Poof! All my topics re-appeared for me.

Wish I had some epiphany that would help you!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what is in the help, the formula for converting base metal to gold?

I had a similar reaction once until I pointed out that giving our biggest competitor the help file did not write the code for them to make it happen. The only valid argument I encountered was that at that some points it would tell them where we were going. However, Adobe is not your competitor.

I have been associated with the product for over 15 years and I have never once seen a hint of of a breach of confidentiality.

I wonder, is there a project small enough that you could trash all the content in each topic other than maybe the heading and a line or two of text?

Happy to help if I can.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp