• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are Rh11 three Glossary Styles hiding?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rh gurus…

I am using Rh 11 (HTML).

Configuration/Settings: The Printed Documentation Section Layout is as follows:

• Cover page
  • Copyright
  • TOC
  • Chapter Layout
  • Glossary (issue I am having with)

The problem: Rh generation insists the “Glossary Heading” to be centered (by default) on my printed Word document.

Word.dot template settings: I am able to set/save my “Glossary Heading” styles in my Word.dot Left Justified (under Modify Style).

Research: Per Rh documentation, there are three Styles used:

• The glossary document uses three styles that are copied to the Word document:
    • Glossary Heading: The style used for the header letters (A, B, and so on). If the project has a specified language, the header letters are localized in that language.
    • Glossary Label: The style used for the glossary terms.
    • Glossary Definition: The style used for glossary definitions. Definitions appear on the same line as terms, with a hanging indent for subsequent lines.
  • Page numbers for the glossary document are Arabic (1, 2, 3, and so on).
  • By default, the filename is Chapter_{##}_Glossary.doc. ## is the number after the last chapter number.

Analysis: After generating Rh printed documentation, I see these Styles mentioned above in my Word document template (highlight and clicking the MS Styles Gallery). However, I do not see these Styles when attempting to map using the Rh mapping interface.

1. I am using a Word.dot template (all other styles are mapped and come across correctly).
  2. I do not see the three glossary styles (mentioned above) in Rh .css file.

Question: Where are Rh three glossary styles, so I can map them?

Thank you for your time.

~PM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RoboHelp's own glossary or is it a topic you have created?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter! Hope all is well..

I am using Rh home grown glossary object, if you will.

Cheers,

~PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I am not with you. RoboHelp has a Glossary option in Project Manager but some people just create a document and call it a Glossary. I think maybe you have found something more but you'll have to explain.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I am using all Rh glossary components (ref. images below).

Thanks,

~PM

glossary_pod.jpg

glossary_object.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output from Word.doc below. Circled in green, is the "Glossary Heading" style.

ouput.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I understand the problem. I'll poke around in the next few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Pete! Have an awesome weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I surrender on this one. The problem is the styles are in the Word template and document but generating a document overrides whatever you set up in the template.

I amended Glossary Heading in the Style Mapping template to left aligned. After generating, the template still shows that style as Left aligned but the document shows it as centred.

The usual way around default Word styles is to create a variant such as Glossary Heading PG but in this case, as you point out, the required glossary styles do not show in the mapping. That rules out that workaround.

I also tried setting a number of other styles to left aligned in case there was some sort of inheritance issue but to no avail.

At present the only solution is to open the document and edit the style there.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for taking the time to confirm the anomaly. I entered the bug (Ref. Bug Id: RH-465)

~PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a link to that bug so that others can vote for it to help get it prioritised. Tracker

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp