Highlighted

Where are the SDK's needed by RH10 generate native mobile app?

New Here ,
May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Generate Native Mobile App screen, the SETUP tab wants to know where to find SDK's for PhoneGap, Android, JDK and Apache Art, but the default DOWNLOAD links have changed and don't lead to the expected pages. 

Can someone help with current URL's?

Thanks much,

Bill Arnold

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where are the SDK's needed by RH10 generate native mobile app?

New Here ,
May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Generate Native Mobile App screen, the SETUP tab wants to know where to find SDK's for PhoneGap, Android, JDK and Apache Art, but the default DOWNLOAD links have changed and don't lead to the expected pages. 

Can someone help with current URL's?

Thanks much,

Bill Arnold

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2015 0
New Here ,
May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer to my question at:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSe887ca7d317bc0ec38aab253138007375b9-8000.html

I had hoped that merely downloading the SDK's and having their files available to RH would be enough, and that I wouldn't have to actually install (and maintain and pay attention to) these SDK's. The Generate Native Mobile App screen's SETUP page has commands named "Download" and no hint they have to be installed. It wasn't until I found the above linked topic that I understand what's needed.

Just trying to create a very simple Android app with a couple of command buttons. Noticed RH can generate APP's so took this path, but now it appears this isn't going to be as simple as I'd like.

Bill Arnold

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you have found what needs to be installed, contact me via my site with a link to this thread. I can send you some instructions and files that Adobe provided to make app generation work.

Note that you will only be able to generate an Android app in debug mode. That can be installed directly to a device but cannot be placed on Google Play. Developer assistance would be required for that or for creating an iOS app.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2015 0