• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do YOU put your image folder in RH2020?

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to RH2020 from RH2017, so things are very different.

Where do you store your image folder in RH2020?

Do you add them to assets?

Where do you store the documents that you link to?

Do you add them to assets?

When I put an image folder where I thought it should go, they did not appear in the output because RH couldn't find them.

LDAdams42_0-1602107661183.png

Thanks

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Your topics, files, images etc, whatever you want in your output, needs to go under 'contents'.  But within that folder it can go anywhere that suits your organisational needs.

If you upgraded an existing project, if you're using 2020 Update 1, all those files should be in the same place they lived in RH2017, although that may "look" different depending on what view you were using in the Project Manager pod. If you used "Project Files" view, things should look pretty similar to the "Project Fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your topics, files, images etc, whatever you want in your output, needs to go under 'contents'.  But within that folder it can go anywhere that suits your organisational needs.

If you upgraded an existing project, if you're using 2020 Update 1, all those files should be in the same place they lived in RH2017, although that may "look" different depending on what view you were using in the Project Manager pod. If you used "Project Files" view, things should look pretty similar to the "Project Files" folder. If you used "HTML Files (Topics)" view, then things will look different. (If you upgraded to the intial release of 2020, then all your images, javascript, etc will have been moved into the assets folder.) Post back if you have more questions about this or are confused.

Additionally, "Baggage files" doesn't exist. If you want a file in your output, say Word templates or something, you need to either link from a topic, or include the file in the TOC. You can set it to hidden there, so it will be in the output but not display in the TOC.

Do read through Peter Grainge's Robohelp Tour for RH2020 really good information about the changes: https://www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the link to the image folder in "Contents" under "assets". Is this correct?

LDAdams42_0-1602195873625.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be fine.

I note that you have a topic called index. Is the full file name "index.htm"? If so, it will probably cause problems in your project. Usually, index.htm is the Start Page in the output preset, and this file is automatically generated by Robohelp - it should not be a topic in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted the page that I created titled "index.html".

LDAdams42_0-1602210807631.png

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp