• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which file in RoboHelp 11 is used to store settings for conditional build tags

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sharing a RoboHelp 11 project between two authors, and have noticed that the conditional build tags that are set by one author are not seen by the second author who is accessing the project via version control. I think the file containing details of the conditional build tags has not been added to version control, and as a result the second author cannot see these details. Does anyone know what this file is called, so I can add it to version control?

Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

The PSS file gets overwritten so if you put it in source control, you'll get very strange results. You can copy the PSS file between computers so I would go that route.

Alternatively, have the other author define the same expressions in the preview. Once you made them there, the project will remember them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Source Control forum for the list of files that shouldn’t be checked into version control – everything else should be checked in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting RoboHelp 2015, it's stored in rhbuildtag.apj.

For RH11 and earlier, I believe it is stored in the *.pss file. But this file is not stored in version control. The build tags are available in the SSL where you set them, but not available on the other machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both. As we need to share CB tags between authors, would it be OK to add the .pss file to version control or is it important that we do not do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PSS file gets overwritten so if you put it in source control, you'll get very strange results. You can copy the PSS file between computers so I would go that route.

Alternatively, have the other author define the same expressions in the preview. Once you made them there, the project will remember them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried defining a CB tag in the preview, but when I close the preview window, and check the properties of the topic, the CB tag is not set. Have I missed something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the steps are you have taken, but your statement confuses me a little bit.

In the preview, you set a Conditional Build Expression: you decide what you see. When you go back to the topic, you will see all content. Everything that has a Conditional Build Tag applied has a hashed background. The properties allow you to apply a tag to the entire topic and also shows you the tags applied to the content in the topic. (Topic level vs. Content level) This is separate from the expressions you see in the preview.

I interpreted your post as being about the Conditional Build Expressions. But are you having problems with the tags themselves or with the expressions for your output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem is with the tags themselves. When I set the conditional build tag in the Preview to exclude the whole topic, this setting does not appear to be saved in the properties of the topic I am not sure of the purpose of defining conditional build tags in the Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for one thing it's impossible to define build tags in Preview. What you *ARE* able to do is define their counterpart: a Conditional Build Expression.

When you apply a CBT to a topic, it is stored inside the HTML code as a meta tag.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp