• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I set any image properties while inserting an image via the Image Properties dialog?

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing an eval of Release 2015 right now, but I also have this behavior in RH10.

Is there a setting whereby I can set image properties while inserting (or changing) an image file, without having to close/reopen the dialog? This is a truly annoying issue that I can't seem to find a solution to within RH. (Not to mention it's also extremely counter-productive!)

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it's a 'bug' how do I go about getting it fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which properties are you trying to edit? And how are you inserting the image?

If I use the ribbon (Insert > Image) I can set several properties. The dialog is the same as when I open the properties for an image that is already inserted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest!

I use a master page with an image placeholder. When I change the image via the Image Properties dialog my Size settings get replaced with those of the new image. When I do a copy/cut then paste an image, if I have to reset any of the margins/borders the size reverts back to the image default size.

I'm hoping there's a way to be able to 'lock' an image container so it keeps user settings. It's as though the dialog ignores these when processing its tasks. The dialog lets me edit any of the properties I choose but size doesn't persist to my setting when changing the image.

Being a programmer I know that once I set an image container's properties they don't change unless I deliberately reset them to different values. I suspect this isn't the case with how RH handles its image containers and so I'm hoping someone can confirm this is a 'bug'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that all works as expected when using Insert>Image, so the behavior I'm writing about only occurs subsequently with existing images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain what an image placeholder is? It seems that you have a dummy image and you replace that one. When you drag and drop, it gets replaced by the new image. Correct?

RoboHelp doesn't have image placeholders or containers such as Frame. The only workaround I know is to only change the URL of the image in the image properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again!

Yes.., I was using a dummy image on master pages but have now replaced that with instructional text. This allows me to set all properties on Insert.

Changing the URL of the image in the properties dialog IS where the problem arises of losing my Size settings. Editing this during the change has no effect; ..the dialog needs to be closed/reopened to set size. So if I want to update the project with new images in the same location, RH isn't being very productive about how that process works. This has been the case ever since I started using RH, and doesn't happen in other apps.

Somehow, RH needs to have a Replace feature OR know it's replacing an existing image so it can give the user the same abilities as Insert does or at least preserve the existing props 'as though it was a container'! It maintains all props except Size and so persisting the new image size should be able to be overridden (IMO)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp