• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do fonts change when help is opened on Mobile devices?

Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've generate an HTML5 output using RoboHelp 2015. However, all fonts I've used in my master page have changed when viewed in iphone and tablet devices.

Why does it happen? Is there any configuration that I could set on RoboHelp 2015 for avoiding it?

I have been searching for it, but I didn't find anything. I would be glad if you could help me.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Embedding fonts is enabled in RH2015 for ePub output. If you are creating HTML5, you will have to embed the font yourself. See Adobe RoboHelp: Use Custom Fonts | WvanWeelden.eu. Also take note of the comments as there are some caveats when it comes to licensing.

If you want to make sure your fonts are being used, use Font sets and add a web safe font in your font set. (The list of web safe fonts are available via: CSS Web Safe Fonts)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you certain the fonts you used are actually supported on these devices?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick. I don't know, but I've heard once about some way to embed custom fonts in RH2015 so that they could be read in multiple devices.

Thanks for answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps our resident CSS guru Willam van Weelden‌ will pop in to advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedding fonts is enabled in RH2015 for ePub output. If you are creating HTML5, you will have to embed the font yourself. See Adobe RoboHelp: Use Custom Fonts | WvanWeelden.eu. Also take note of the comments as there are some caveats when it comes to licensing.

If you want to make sure your fonts are being used, use Font sets and add a web safe font in your font set. (The list of web safe fonts are available via: CSS Web Safe Fonts)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Willam for your help. You're right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp