• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my paragraph style change after HTML5 Output?

Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2017. I've created a paragraph style for notes. That's how I did: I would like to create a list usings dashes (nonbreaking hyphens). I have many helps that are already using this style.

CW_001.png

CW_002.png

When I export to CHM file it appears OK, no problems. So far so good. I haven't noticed before because I was only exporting to CHM format. The problem is that when I generate to HTML5 output my dashes become numbers! Why does it happen? How do I solve it? 

CW_003.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

I just concluded helping another person where the CSS file name was the culprit. I notice that your CSS file name contains an accented character.

5642.png

Perhaps the same thing is happening here? I'd try renaming the CSS so there are no spaces and no odd (accented) characters. Then generate again and see if the result is what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the HTML view of the RH topic - does RH think your dashes are an ordered list "ol" or unordered list "ul"? I bet it thinks that it's an ordered list and that your CSS doesn't know how to preserve the dashes (which really should be an unordered list)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just concluded helping another person where the CSS file name was the culprit. I notice that your CSS file name contains an accented character.

5642.png

Perhaps the same thing is happening here? I'd try renaming the CSS so there are no spaces and no odd (accented) characters. Then generate again and see if the result is what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't rename my CSS because then I lose all paragraph and character styles I've created so far (more than 30). I think this is more problematic than fixing the bullet issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to rename it within RH and have all the refs to it be preserved - use the "other" view of the Project Manager to reveal the Style Sheets "folder" of css used in your project. Right click to rename...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you wonder what Jeff is referring to when he says the "other" view, watch the brief video linked below.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now it works! The issue was all about the accented character, indeed! It's good to know to avoid using it! 😃 You're geniuses! Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp