• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my PDF bullet not match my CSS?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a weird one, and I'm very frustrated. I thought it was just an Office problem, but my printed documentation in RoboHelp is "infected", so I'm hoping one of you will know how to fix this.

About a month ago I noticed that my bullets in Outlook and Word (Office 2015) had turned from the standard rounded/disc bullets to up arrows. I tried deleting my email and normal.dotm files and the bullets were still there. Then I saw them in the printed output/PDF file in RoboHelp. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but the arrow bullets are still there, although they are more easily fixed at this point (only one or two will show up in a document). I had someone send me the templates associated with RoboHelp (Word00/Word10/Word11), and I defined the UL tag in my RoboHelp CSS file to have the right bullets, but the arrows still are showing up. In fact, someone sent me an email with the right bullets and they turned into arrows in my inbox (I feel like this is the worst STD ever...)

My office's IT department doesn't really know how to deal with this. If I uninstall both RoboHelp and Office, and clean out my template folders, I'm hoping that will clear the problem up once and for all.

Is there any other place you can think of to look for templates that might be overriding both the CSS and my normal.dotm templates in Office?

Thanks,

Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no point in doing anything with RoboHelp until the problem with Word is fixed.

Try Windows Secrets for Microsoft Windows 8, Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Windows Updates from the W... and look/ask in the Documentation section. It's the best Word forum I know of.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turned out that I was missing Symbol font, so everything was awesome after I reinstalled it. Thanks for the Windows link, though. I wasn't able to find a good source for that (I discovered Symbol was missing when a co-worker shared her screen and walked through defining a new bullet).

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp