• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does RoboHTML insert redundant font tags when inline styles are used?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a help project using RoboHelp 10.  This is an old project (pre-CSS) that supports a legacy product. It uses a lot of inline styles.  It is really massive (900 Mb). Therefore, a recoding effort is not worth it for the last coulple of years that this product will be around.  (I am updating it for use in a Service Pack.) The context-sensitive topics that are linked to the application include a Related Topics button.  When I insert inline styles to correct the inconsistent formatting in some text links (hyperlinks) and then recompile the project, RH inserts several extra <font> </font> tag pairs.  This has the effect of enlarging the font size of some of the link text.  Why is this happening?  Does it have something to do with button code?

Thanks for any insights.

Steve Baird

Ingersoll Rand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those font tags are used for the related topics button for as far as I know. Are you only seeing it on buttons or also on other locations?

You can open the button properties and determine it's styling. It's possible that there is a setting in the button properties leading to the behaviour that you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp