Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does scrolling go away?

Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another strange problem: I generated multiscreen help and put it on two servers. First server is just a storage spot for backups, and 2nd server is the one with the actual software. While the output is generated to be multiscreen, I used only the desktop layout, because we currently support the product only on desktop machines, so we don't need help for phones or tablets. The file folder structure and file names on both servers are exactly the same - I checked to see if something was missing, and everything is there on both servers.

When I open the help on either server, using Firefox, IE, or Chrome, it works perfectly.

When the developer opens the help on either server it works perfectly IF he uses Firefox. But if he opens the help on either server using IE, there is no scroll bar on the right side of the help interface, and the scrolling wheel on his mouse is disabled. His mouse works in every other situation with any other software. He tried a different mouse anyway just in case, and he still had the same problem. (I don't know if the helps works for him in Chrome because he doesn't have Chrome installed.)

Both the developer and I use laptops running Windows 7. I don't know what OS the servers run.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely to be the issue, but make sure the developer is using IE9 or above (or possibly IE10 - the help says 9, but I feel I've read somewhere that the help is wrong in this case) and also check that emulation and compatibility mode are not being used at all.

Also post back with which version of Robohelp and which screen layout you are using as these might provide insight for people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are both using IE 11. I have checked and both of us have the compatibility settings that are correct for the software.

RoboHelp 2015

Multiscreen profile with Desktop screen layout

I've tried to see if I can replicate his problem by using different combinations of compatibility settings. This truth table shows my results ("Good" means the help opens and I have scrolling):

Display intranet sites in compatibility view    Blank           Blank            Checked              Checked

Use Microsoft compatibility lists                    Blank           Checked       Blank                   Checked

Good           Good             No open               No open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp