Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word 2003 & 2007

May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both versions 2003 & 2007 installed. Word2003 is my primary installation. But RH shall use Word2007. Just setting the default application and/or "Open With" does not help! How to solve this?

Remark: "Repair 2007" is *NOT* what I want to do, as then Word2007 opens all .DOC files per default!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is somewhat difficult to interpret. You might want to rephrase it.

For RoboHelp 11 (and I believe 10), the supported versions of MSWord are Word2013 and Word2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then we cannot use RH.

Nevertheless, the question is rather targetting the way how RH is opening Word. My setup works perfect in explorer - i.e. double clicking a .DOC opens Word2003 and double clicking a .DOCX opens Word2007 (of course, Word needs to be always closed before). But RH does not care about what is configured for double clicking or what is configured as "default application".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find that Rh uses whichever version of Word was last run. Try that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No definitively not. It always launches Word2003 (after a Word2003 repair) - no matter if Word2007 was the last one started. Word2007 is only used, after a Word2007 repair. And it does not matter what was assigned as default application (for double click in explorer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by your reply. After a Word 2003 repair, it will open Word 2003 by default. If you then open Word 2007 the Word 2007 repair will run and then that will be the default. Forget about what is assigned as the default.

You have to open the required version and if that is not the default Word will run the repair for that version, then use Rh.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tthis is not what I want.

I need Word2003 as "default" application and RH has to use Word2007.

i.e. when I double click a .DOC then word2003 shall open and a double click on a .DOCX shall open Word2007 - without any "repair" run. This works perfect since many Years.

Why is there no way to tell RH to use Word2007 in this setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it may not be what you want but it is the way it is. I agree it would be much easier if you could tell Rh to use a specific version but that is something only Adobe can fix.

Please follow this link and file a feature request.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp