Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word file size is huge when exported from Robohelp

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am using Robohelp 2015 and have created a project with roughly 100 topics. There are some png product images, but I have reduced the size of these as much as I can.

When I export to Word, the document is almost 60Mb, which is much too large. It needs to be capable of being mailed to consultants who will cut and paste sections from it. For this reason, PDF is not acceptable either.

Can anyone provide any pointers, hints, answers to this please? Are there any other formats I could consider that would meet our requirements?

Many thanks

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

FYI - Since I posted, I sorted all the files in the project by size. There were still one or two large images in it. I resized these to the size that they appear at in the project - and now the project is much smaller, and email-able.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have done the obvious thing to reduce the size. Can you reduce the resolution of the images as that might help? However, I do rather doubt that will give the reduction you want.

I would use wetransfer.com which allows you to uploade files up to 2gb free without registration. You can add the email addresses of the consultants or you can use the menu bottom left of the wetransfer dialog to get a link that you send them. They then have five days to download the file. I use it a lot and have had no issues.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed you cannot put it on a network or cloud drive for your consultants.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. Your feedback is much appreciated.

I will suggest this to our sales team as it would not be me directly supplying consultants with the file.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - Since I posted, I sorted all the files in the project by size. There were still one or two large images in it. I resized these to the size that they appear at in the project - and now the project is much smaller, and email-able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found a solution that better fits your needs.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp