Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Output - stuck on Patching topic

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2019, all patches installed. 

When I output to Word, it works using the sample reimagined project.

But when I use a project I have created myself, it starts to generate but gets stuck when 'patching topics'.

Anyone know how to get past this? 

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI or Classic? Fresh project in RH2019 or upgraded from older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp Reimagined doesn't ship with Classic so must be new UI.

Try creating a master page with default.css applied and selecting that in preset. Styles will be rubbish but the objective is to see if it generates.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it generates with the default css. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new ui and a new project. no import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue is something in your project - the traditional troubleshooting method is to take a copy of the project & remove topics and see if it goes through (usually the divide by 2, toss half & see approach)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not so sure Jeff. I'm thinking the issue is CSS based.

Two options.

OPTION ONE

Jeff is right about trying half the topics but in 2019 you don't need to create copies of the project. Right click your TOC and create a duplicate, then trash half of what is in it and generate again. If it still fails, trash half that half and try again until it works. The idea being to find one or more topics that fail.

When you do find such a topic, then you can look at the styles used and the CSS for them.

OPTION 2

In the CSS, comment out some styles. If you are not familiar with how to do that, you put /* at the beginning of the definition and */ at the end, as illustrated below. The style is then ignored. I would start with any list styles.

/* P.Caption {
color: #708090;
font-size: 8pt;
} */

The content in the topic will then map to normal.

Give one of those a try and post back.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp