Exit

Word Section Breaks

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 2017 using Printed Documentation

I hope I'm clear on my problem...

I seem to get a lot of Section Breaks in my Word (docx) files event though I have selected "Generate a single document" and unchecked "Start each topic on a new page".  This is a problem because i'm attempting to use a Master Page to configure left justify even page numbers and right justify odd page numbers.  Every time, it seems, when Word sees a section break, it assumes that the new page will be an odd page and messes up my page numbers.

I've been able to solve this by manually editing the Word document after generating it, but that seems to defeat the purpose of using RoboHelp.

Thanks,

Rene.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Print configuration there is an Advanced button. Have you unchecked the Start New Chapters on Odd Pages?

Then are you mapping to your own template in RoboHelp? If you are, have you looked at the section breaks in that?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. Is there a way to ensure that H1s are on a new page (page break) and H2s continue after H1 without a page break. I am not importing any word document. It is a fresh template from RH 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Printed Documentation topics can be continuous or go with topics. New pages are not set from RoboHelp based on styles.

You say "a fresh template from RH 2017". The template is either the one that ships with RoboHelp or one you create. You generate TO it so I'm wondering quite what you mean here, especially as you also say "I am not importing any word document" as you wouldn't be doing that when outputting to Word, two opposite processes.

What you can do is open the template in Word and set your Heading 1 style there to have a page break before. Normally though a topic would have Heading 1 at the beginning only so the new topic on new page setting would give you what you want. Doing this in Word is really only necessary when you use Heading 1 within topics AND want page breaks based on the style.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp