• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write to Adobe Support Community or create a ticket in Adobe Tracker?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

if I find a non-expected behaviour / a bug in Adobe RoboHelp, should I report that to the Adobe Support Community or should I directly create a ticket in the Adobe Tracker under https://tracker.adobe.com?

What is the recommended way so that someone of Adobe can reproduce it and help me as efficient as possible?

As far as I know, if I report it to the Adobe Support Community, someone of the Adobe Support Community first verifies if the behaviour is a bug and if so, creates a ticket in the Adobe Tracker.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Sabine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, if I report it to the Adobe Support Community, someone of the Adobe Support Community first verifies if the behaviour is a bug and if so, creates a ticket in the Adobe Tracker.

That is not correct. The people here are mostly users like you and me who use their knowledge to help others. Occasionally Adobe staff do respond but there is no full time monitoring. Neither do other users report the bug for you.

I would suggest that your best way of working is to post here with details of what is happening and what you think should be happening. Then you will get a reply, usually same day, saying:

• It is a problem that person can reproduce or already knows about. It could be your method of working in which case they will correct you. If it is a new bug, then it is up to you to report it via Tracker. In that scenario I suggest you then create a link to the bug you have reported so that others can vote for it, add further information and so on.
  • It is a problem that person cannot reproduce. Typically they will work with you on the forum to identify why you are getting the issue.

When you report something via Tracker it goes onto Adobe's database and they will prioritise it according to the severity, how many people will be impacted and so on. You may not get confirmation that it is a bug for weeks/months and if they then find it was your workflow and not a bug, there will be no fix. For that reason, coming to the forum first works better. You will get confirmation from other users that it is a bug and maybe a workaround OR you will get your workflow corrected and be back on the road.

The forum isn't just about suspected bugs. Many threads are "how do I do this?"

Please always start a new thread with your version of RoboHelp. If it is 2019, please state whether it is 2019 Classic or 2019 New UI If the thread is about a problem with one of the online outputs, please state which skin you are using.

I hope this helps, please ask more if I have missed something.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your answer is very helpful. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp