• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong TOC

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the folder of another project. Added and removed what I needed for the new project, renamed it. I even deleted the old TOC, but the original TOC keeps coming up instead of the new TOC. How can I prevent this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Sooo, when you examine the properties of the Printed Documentation layout, you have an opportunity to choose the TOC you wish to use. Are you certain you are using the correct TOC?

tmp1.png

Assuming you only have one TOC defined or that you are certain you have the correct TOC selected, click Next >

And here you see what may be included from the TOC. If you have created Printed Documentation at least once, then later added topics, perhaps you need to ensure you also add them to the layout.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the .cpd file in the project already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did delete the .cpd file because I can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would get recreated when you started up RH again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the new TOC in the print layout?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my earlier reply, when you create the Printed Documentation layout, it takes the TOC as it is then as the default. Then if you make changes to the TOC they are not automatically applied to the print layout, for good reasons.

Maybe you need to update the print layout. Use the left right chevrons or look for topics that are missing or not highlighted blue.

See Printed Output for more details. The RoboHelp 11 page also applies to RoboHelp 2015.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Many places to check. First off, what is the output? That will have some bearing on it.

Additionally, where are you looking at it?

* Immediately after generating content?

* After publishing to the final destination (Web Server, Local PC, Etc)

Once we know these answers we will be able to guide you a bit more clearly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published both the primary WebHelp, then the printed output. Funny this is the WebHelp has the correct TOC, but the printed version does not. I'm viewing it after it's published to my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo, when you examine the properties of the Printed Documentation layout, you have an opportunity to choose the TOC you wish to use. Are you certain you are using the correct TOC?

tmp1.png

Assuming you only have one TOC defined or that you are certain you have the correct TOC selected, click Next >

And here you see what may be included from the TOC. If you have created Printed Documentation at least once, then later added topics, perhaps you need to ensure you also add them to the layout.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I got it I changed the layout and reviewed the output, and got what I needed. Thanks Guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp