Highlighted

Uninstall Shockwave 11 Player Silently with SCCM

Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So our environment has +1000 clients with different installations (exe/msi) and versions of Shockwave Player. As it's out of support and no longer needed, I managed to remove all versions using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) except for 130 machines having either version 11.00 or 12.3.4.204.

I usually go with the WMI command line or Windows installer with GUID. Apparently those two versions were installed with Setup.exe with no GUID/Wmic doesn't work for them.

I then checked the uninstaller string from the registry for shockwave 11 which was UNWISE.EXE under *\system32\adobe\shockwave. On the machine no such folder existed, I found it later under %windir%\sysWOW64\Adobe\Shockwave 11. So I created a task sequence to invoke the program and uninstall it silently, command line looked like "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\Adobe\Shockwave 11\WNWISE.EXE" /S. It didn't work and I can see from client logs that the command executed fine with no further messages until the execution time limit is reached then it fails.

I'm not sure if it's a folder redirection issue, but I tried running it with "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wscript.exe" (included it in the command line) anyway and it didn't work.  I'm out of ideas, please help me 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uninstall Shockwave 11 Player Silently with SCCM

Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So our environment has +1000 clients with different installations (exe/msi) and versions of Shockwave Player. As it's out of support and no longer needed, I managed to remove all versions using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) except for 130 machines having either version 11.00 or 12.3.4.204.

I usually go with the WMI command line or Windows installer with GUID. Apparently those two versions were installed with Setup.exe with no GUID/Wmic doesn't work for them.

I then checked the uninstaller string from the registry for shockwave 11 which was UNWISE.EXE under *\system32\adobe\shockwave. On the machine no such folder existed, I found it later under %windir%\sysWOW64\Adobe\Shockwave 11. So I created a task sequence to invoke the program and uninstall it silently, command line looked like "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\Adobe\Shockwave 11\WNWISE.EXE" /S. It didn't work and I can see from client logs that the command executed fine with no further messages until the execution time limit is reached then it fails.

I'm not sure if it's a folder redirection issue, but I tried running it with "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wscript.exe" (included it in the command line) anyway and it didn't work.  I'm out of ideas, please help me 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
maria__1 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Shockwave Player community forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines