• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1099 for Contributor

Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I have to do to get my 1099 for 2020. I have e-mailed a request several times more than a month ago, without getting any response. I'm tempted to attach copies of those e-mails to my 1040 to explain the missing 1099.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

I can tell you from personal experience that the IRS is backed up due to Covid lockdowns.   Some tax forms were not even finalized until the first week of February which made early filing impossible.   I don't expect 1099s to land until mid March.  As yet, I have not received any 1099s from any sources.

This is from the Stock Contributor User Guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/sk/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/sk/stock/contributor/help/Tax-basics-US-citizens.ug.html

End of year

At the end of e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

When you see that message on the screen, after pressing OK, your 1099 should appear on the screen. Then you can print it. I tried the option to save it to my downloads folder, and wasn't successful. If neither option works for you, I suppose it means that they didn't generate a 1099 for you. You can send an email to ap@adobe.com and ask them for a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what email do you send your request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I replied to adobetax@adobe.com

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you from personal experience that the IRS is backed up due to Covid lockdowns.   Some tax forms were not even finalized until the first week of February which made early filing impossible.   I don't expect 1099s to land until mid March.  As yet, I have not received any 1099s from any sources.

This is from the Stock Contributor User Guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/sk/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/sk/stock/contributor/help/Tax-basics-US...

End of year

At the end of each year, we are required to report all income derived from US sales from that year to the IRS. We supply individuals who have earned more than $10 with a 1099 form that specifies your earnings. We do not supply a 1099 to corporations. Earnings are reported and taxable regardless of whether you have requested a payout. You only pay taxes on this income once, you do not need to pay a second time when you withdraw the funds.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not help and is not the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, every year getting my 1099 is like pulling teeth.  This year even harder than before.  Not response at all from adobetax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned that the IRS does not require a 1099 for income of less than $600. Maybe that's why we're not getting one this year. Recources may be too stretched to issue 1099s to those who don't really need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and good to know.  I do still need my 1099 as my earnings exceeded well over $600.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOt able to download my 1099 this year either.  

I put my info in here:

https://236230.invoiceinfo.com/get1099.html

and get this message but nothing displays or downloads::

Thank you for Opting-In to receive an eStatement of your Adobe 1099. You will be able to retrieve your 1099, using the same credentials at any time. You will NOT receive a 1099 via USPS mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you see that message on the screen, after pressing OK, your 1099 should appear on the screen. Then you can print it. I tried the option to save it to my downloads folder, and wasn't successful. If neither option works for you, I suppose it means that they didn't generate a 1099 for you. You can send an email to ap@adobe.com and ask them for a copy.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see that message on the screen but there is no "OK" button to press.  

I have emailed ap@adobe to ask what to do about it. But since Paypal has already reported my Adobe stock income to the government, I can also just go with the 1099-K from them.  I know how much I made so I can sort it out.  Shouldn't be so hard to get the darn 1099 (which Adobe shouldn't be generating anymore anyway since the 1099-K requirement)

thanks

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is required by law to generate a 1099 and send the results to the IRS. Even if you aren't able to download the Adobe 1099 it is quite likely that they have already sent it to the IRS; so your tax preparer needs to figure out how to nullify one of the 1099's - either the one from Paypal or the one from Adobe. It is also likely that the two don't match, because Adobe's 1099 is based on the actual sales that you earned in the calendar year, whereas PayPal only knows about the payouts you requested. Lots of tax preparers are going to be scratching their heads over the poor manner in which this new tax regulation was implemented.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they are delaying that requirement (reporting over $600) until next year. Of course, we should always double check .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems also, the tax office is trying to tell me that I am a foreinger because I do not have a US address and am not entitiled to a 1099. The issue is not yet resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is incorrect. I have been receiving 1099s from Adobe for several years. U.S. companies are required by law to provide 1099s to any supplier to whom they pay $600 or more in a calendar year. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the IRS changes below:

What is the $600 rule on a 1099?
The $600 threshold for payment apps and online marketplaces to report payments on Form 1099-K is delayed for tax year 2023. The IRS is planning a threshold of $5,000 for tax year 2024. Get details on the IRS Nov. 21, 2023 announcement. If you get a Form 1099-K, find out what to do with it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually get a 1099-MISC from Adobe and other stock agencies, not 1099-K. The threshold for issuing 1099-MISC for royalties is $10, not $600 or $5000.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1099-misc

https://www.kboards.com/threads/the-1099-misc-threshold-for-royalties-is-10-not-600.209099/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Online marketplaces" refers to payment middlemen such as PayPal and Payoneer. This is a fairly new IRS regulation which has been giving 1099 recipients fits because they're now receiving two 1099s, one from Adobe and one from PayPal. The concern is that they'll be taxed twice for the same income.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines