Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

1099 for Contributor

Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I have to do to get my 1099 for 2020. I have e-mailed a request several times more than a month ago, without getting any response. I'm tempted to attach copies of those e-mails to my 1040 to explain the missing 1099.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021
I can tell you from personal experience that the IRS is backed up due to Covid lockdowns.   Some tax forms were not even finalized until the first week of February which made early filing impossible.   I don't expect 1099s to land until mid March.  As yet, I have not received any 1099s from any sources. This is from the Stock Contributor User Guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/sk/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/sk/stock/contributor/help/Tax-basics-US-citizens.ug.html End of year At the end of e...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what email do you send your request?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I replied to adobetax@adobe.com

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you from personal experience that the IRS is backed up due to Covid lockdowns.   Some tax forms were not even finalized until the first week of February which made early filing impossible.   I don't expect 1099s to land until mid March.  As yet, I have not received any 1099s from any sources.

This is from the Stock Contributor User Guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/sk/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/sk/stock/contributor/help/Tax-basics-US...

End of year

At the end of each year, we are required to report all income derived from US sales from that year to the IRS. We supply individuals who have earned more than $10 with a 1099 form that specifies your earnings. We do not supply a 1099 to corporations. Earnings are reported and taxable regardless of whether you have requested a payout. You only pay taxes on this income once, you do not need to pay a second time when you withdraw the funds.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This link does not help and is not the correct answer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, every year getting my 1099 is like pulling teeth.  This year even harder than before.  Not response at all from adobetax.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned that the IRS does not require a 1099 for income of less than $600. Maybe that's why we're not getting one this year. Recources may be too stretched to issue 1099s to those who don't really need it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and good to know.  I do still need my 1099 as my earnings exceeded well over $600.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines