Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Questions

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1) I forgot to resize the artboard to at least 5000x3000 & uploaded the vector & it was accepted. I noticed the size is something like 800x500. Does the system auto-generate the high resolution JPG if the buyer wants to download as JPG or he gets just 800x500?

2) I uploaded 2 images and both of them got "had upload errors" message. How can I find out what specific issue they had? They had sold on other sites before. One was uploaded before & got "we could not process your file" message, & the other is a monotone image of a shopping center.

Thanks

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Vectors don't have a pixel size. Really, they don't have a pixel size, whatever nonsense about pixels Illutrator might report. So there's nothing to check, measure, or fail. We don't know how Adobe make a JPEG but I'd guess they set a target pixel size and render to it. 
2. Images do have a pixel size. What was the size in pixels of the images you failed to upload, and the colour space? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) It's a vector requirement that your artboard should be at least 5000x3000, I guess that has something to do with the JPG that the buyer may want to download from vector file. I don't know.

2) Images are above 5mp and are in sRGB. Abambo says monotone images are not accepted, so I atleast know the reason for one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2) Show the images here. Maybe we can guess the error. If you upload again, you can even show a screenshot with the error message.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, what size & do I have to watermark them or not?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to SEE the original picture that had uploading troubles. So if you change something (adding a watermark is changing...), you really should try first if you get the specific upload error. If not, we can guess hell and heaven and not hitting the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For A) may be @MatHayward can enlighten us.

For B) if assets fail to upload, they do not conform to the pysical requirements as layed out in the manual. Those are easy checks before even getting to the keywording task. You should check those requirements against your pictures. Monotone images are not accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so I know the reason for the monotone image. AFAIK the other image has no problem regarding requirements. It has metadata and keywords in it, above 5mp. Previousely uploaded and got "Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately we were unable to process your file. Please contact us for more information" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so I know the reason for the monotone image. AFAIK the other image has no problem regarding requirements. It has metadata and keywords in it, above 5mp. Previousely uploaded and got "Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately we were unable to process your file. Please contact us for more information" message.

By @chattereye

So, the upload worked, and the moderator had an issue, probably with a missing release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For testing I tried some other images and all of them had "upload errors", so I tried via ftp and that worked. It seems I can upload small files like vectors normally in site, but not bigger ones like images. So I should upload images via ftp from now on. Still don't know what is the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines