Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 rejected illustrations

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

these 2 illustrations of mine were rejected for technical reasons. Can someone help me so that can learn from it?

The pic with the lines was (obviously) created with a graphics program, I guess the problem here is that it doesn`t appear to be realistic when zooming on?! Actually I found the fact kind of funny that the lines are consisting of little dots - who says it has to look realistic? but maybe this is not the reason for rejection?

EDIT 1: I used a hand writing font in the error set (the creator expressly permits this). As long as it`s rasterized it`s allowed I thought?

thanks alot!

joba

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jobakashii,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you uploaded these files as vectors. They do not look like vector files. Vector file do not go distorted when zoomed because they are not pixelated. You should not upload, or include rasterized elements in your vector submission. Your work should be your own original. Please read the following information, and more so the links provided:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Also read through the conversation and refer to the link at https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/why-my-content-rejected-due-to-protected-by-intellectual-proper...for more details.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jacquelingphoto2017,

thanks for your answer!

I´m very sure that I didn`t upload the files as vectors.

Thanks for the links.  At one point I learned:

"Now you need to ask yourself the question: "Did I create those fonts?" If the answer is no then you cannot submit them as your own assets".

I`m still not sure if I got that right because I see contributor using fonts (definitely not created by the contributors) all over the place on Adobe Stock:

https://stock.adobe.com/de/search/images?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aphoto%5D=1&filters%5Bcontent_type%... 

https://stock.adobe.com/de/search/images?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aphoto%5D=1&filters%5Bcontent_type%... 

..or were you just refering to using font symbols like "@"?

Thanks for help.

Joba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jobakashii,

Thank you for the correction. Please note that I do not have access to your account since I am not a staff member. Therefore it is based on what you submit here on the forum that I go from. I can only make assumption based on what I understand from what you post. 

Even then, the color, and edges of the first file is not smooth when zoomed. There are lines running though the background. It is likely the same reason for the second rejection - lines not smooth. I do not see any other reason for the rejection, since I do not think the overlapping and crossover lines should be an issue.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, ok! thanks, I will improve that.

Could you please say sth. concerning the used fonts (in my last mail).

Thanks alot!

Joba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joba,

The text is only a problem when copping someone's work. Using the text to create your own thoughts is ok. I misunderstood you to be saying the design with the text was copied.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines