• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

21 accepted photos against 150 rejected photos. What am I doing wrong???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says: 21 accepted photos against 150 rejected photos. What am I doing wrong???

I started as a Adobe Contributor, 2 weeks ago. Yes, I have read EVERYTHING about the topic here, and the "Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review your image. We're sorry, but we can't accept this image." paragraph it is so generic that it does not indicate the exact reason for rejection as in other agencies, which take the time to indicate how to correct the mistakes in the photo.
At first, Adobe rejected some of my photos but the acceptance ratio was "ok" in accordance with the quality and level of Adobe, I get it, but right after I uploaded the 20 photos that I have on my profile, absolutely everything else has been rejected, there have not been any photos that have passed Adobe's critical (very critical!) eye. Studio photos, with good lighting, with good and natural post-edition, landscape photos, objects, etc. I am attaching some of the 150 rejected photos, hoping someone will enlighten me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

1. You could reshoot this one with a wider depth of field to get it all in focus, but then Adobe will reject it for IP violation unless you have a signed property release from the artist.

2. Also a DOF problem. You could shoot it again, but I wouldn't bother because this theme is already well represented with >800,000 images tagged with "colored pencil" in Adobe stock, so you're unlikely to earn any sales.

3. White balance is a bit too warm, featureless sky, and man walking probabky needs to be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always a reason, it is less generic than you state, or quote. Such as "Intellectual property violation", or "does not meet our needs" or "quality issues". Please tell us the reason for each of these five images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response I get from the 150 rejected photos is identical. It is a copy paste. Until now I have not received any different that indicates the precise reason for the rejection as "chromatic aberration", "This object is out of focus", that it is "Overexposed or underexposed", etc. I've put up these 5 photos (of the 150 I've already been rejected for) for showing a variety of photo themes. The Mexican skull and the colored pencils were shot on my studio, the rest are for exteriors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have been receving on the right panel: 

AnglicaYunuhn_0-1681302227943.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Quality issues. Adobe do not give more details, but it is important to know. (For example, image 1 and the car image could easily have been rejected for IP reasons.) With this info, the contributors here can give more accurate advice from their experience of rejections. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo 3682 is a focus issue. Depth of field is too shallow. Also if it is not your work, you will need an IP release.

3745 is the same. Too little is in focus.

3417 is too soft and has overexposed highlights. Also, the man should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ralph! I do appreciate your comment! Now I can see better what I've been doing wrong! That is what I'm talking about, to find out exactly the issues each photo have. About the photo 3417, do you mean I have to remove the man, even when is not recognizable? Thank you Ralph!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You could reshoot this one with a wider depth of field to get it all in focus, but then Adobe will reject it for IP violation unless you have a signed property release from the artist.

2. Also a DOF problem. You could shoot it again, but I wouldn't bother because this theme is already well represented with >800,000 images tagged with "colored pencil" in Adobe stock, so you're unlikely to earn any sales.

3. White balance is a bit too warm, featureless sky, and man walking probabky needs to be removed because he might be able to recognize himself.

4. The blownout clouds might be the reason for a technical rejection, the car itself might earn an IP rejection because of its distinctive shape, even though you've removed the logo and license plate.

5. Probabky a DOF/focus issue

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your great feedback Jill! I'm really learning from this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I like to hear - people willing to learn and grow! With that attitude, you will start to see some success and start selling stock photos.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In a nutshell:

• skull image- focus and white balance
  • pencils- focus - too shallow DOF
  • Bridge- white balance - too yellow, composition
  • car - probably IP could be a problem and exposure, maybe white balance as well
  • Gate - focus - the DOF is too shallow

I disagree that you have got 'good lighting, with good and natural post edition.'

Also, think about the commercial value of these photos. How can they be used? And don't just think of generic uses. Adobe is swamped with generic images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were rejected for technical reasons which usually means the quality is not Stock worthy.

Several images are very blurry and poorly lit. 

Edges are not well defined, missing details, clipped, etc...

Adobe's customers pay for commercial images with sharp details and crisp edges that can be cut out and used in print and digital projects of their own.  Focus more on quality & less on quantity.  Select 5 of your best images and compare them with current Stock inventory.  If they are as good or better than what Stock has, submit. If not, don't. That will reduce your number of rejections. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines