• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7 images rejected for "technical issues"

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been left totally at sea by the results on my last submission with 7 photos being rejected for "Technical issues" in one go.  While I obviously try and keep rejections numbers as low as possible I do get the occasional one and in the past, they have had reasons allowing me to revisit and learn from the image rejected - exposure or noise or soft or whatever.  However, I have never had so many in one lump rejected and the "technical reasons" link seems to include all the above reasons and some other ones beside like composition and this is such a wide field that considering I check my images at 100% before upload leaves me with no idea of where to start looking for whatever it is I have missed. 
I will attempt to add all 7 images below and I would really appreciate some feedback on them so I can work out where I was going wrong and learn from it.

Edit the images seem to only be coming up as thumbnails not the full size files.  Not sure how to correct this
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Hi Starphinx,

Your photos are nice except for a few details. 

First photo:

I believes it is a bit crowded, and not enough dept of field. Because of the shallow dept of field, blurs sort of mix in with sharp and create some distraction. Taking a closer shot would have been nicer. Also the shadow area is a bit too dark.

Second photo:

Details of the blossoms are lost. I am not sure if reducing saturation will correct that, otherwise I'd say discard this one.

Third photo:

This photo is a bit too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Starsphinx,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to critique your files. However as you have highlighted, they are too small to inspect properly. Can you please try uploading them to cloud and post the link(s) here so that we can have a better look at them. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As mentioned, they're too small to give advice, so try to upload them from your computer as a link. That is another option. Use the chain link icon to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more problems sharing full-sized images than you would believe.  I think (and think being the operative word I am not sure if it works) the below link to my google drive will allow full-sized

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OISM8k9KslU_9WhQaXtwdScB_BTQorco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Starphinx,

Your photos are nice except for a few details. 

First photo:

I believes it is a bit crowded, and not enough dept of field. Because of the shallow dept of field, blurs sort of mix in with sharp and create some distraction. Taking a closer shot would have been nicer. Also the shadow area is a bit too dark.

Second photo:

Details of the blossoms are lost. I am not sure if reducing saturation will correct that, otherwise I'd say discard this one.

Third photo:

This photo is a bit too cool (blue). Add a little warmth to it and that should be ok.

Fourth photo:

The shadows is a bit too dark. Lighten up the blacks and shadows a bit.

Fifth photo

I believe there is a composition issue with this one. It could be a bit closer to exclude the stem to the right. Also to the extreme right of the image are sun flairs. And your black and shadow could possibly be adjusted a bit up. In addition it is a bit noisy.

Sixth photo:

This photo is a bit too cool (blue). Also I believe the background is a bit grainy.

Seventh photo:

The details of the flowers is lost, and it too is a bit too cool. I would suggest you do not resubmit this one.

I hope you found this helpful. If there is anything you do not understand, or any further details you need, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, JG, you just illustrated my complaint about the rejection reason of "Technical Issues." It is ambigious. The image could be a bit too blue. Or it could be a bit too "grainy." Or the shadows are too dark. Or it could be the composition. Also, composition is not technical- it is artistic. So if that is the rejection reason then the reviewer has applied the incorrect reason. Using ambigious and nondescript critiques of artistic works does not benefit the contributor or the agency. All it does is add to the frustration of the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kallen1979 ,

I understand your pain and sometimes I would also wish I had more indication on where exactly the moderator saw the technical issues. But you need to understand: moderation is not done to give the contributor a comprehensive feedback on his images but to ensure that the stock image buyer gets a high quality image.The stock image buyer is the customer, not the contributor. The contributor is just feeding the database.

It is not intended to make you a better photographer or contributor. But if you want to get your pictures, especially your failures, analyzed, go ahead and use this forum. You will get as much critiques as participants and sometimes we are contradicting each other. It helps everybody to get a better eye on what passes and what gets refused.

To keep the process efficiant, the moderator has somewhere about 10 rejection reasons to choose from. They are formalized so that they can be easily translated. Also, the moderator does not look at all the defects in a picture but refuses based on the first defect he or she sees. Giving the refusal reason "excessive noise" would make you correcting that and simply get a refusal because of "white balance" and then composition and then ip violation and then missing property release and then missing model release and as a last "aesthetic and commercial appeal" and you would be very frustrated...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Starsphinx,

I should mention, the photo sizes are fine on my end. To examine your photos you may zoom them at between 100 and 200% at which size you are able to see most flaws.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you
I have gone through the images and decided where to alter and resubmit in coming weeks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines