• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7 out of 15 accepted

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually happy with the ratio but wondered if somebody could have a look at the rejects and point me in the right direction with either what i did wrong or if reversing edits may do the trick. Having had no access to a real camera for 8 years, im fairly happy 7 got accepted. I have a feeling its to do with editing but would like critique

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

4421: Enhanced is maybe a little too much said. You have colour noise, your subject is not in focus, underexposed and full of artefacts:

Abambo_0-1666984432963.png

497: is a Black and white picture. It's not sharp, misses contrast and detail. Other errors: The number needs to go and for the driver you will need a model release.

369: the all dominating sun does no good here.

378: Out of focus, noisy, full of artefacts.

Please give us in the future always the refusal reason. It is important to tell us, on what point th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4421: Enhanced is maybe a little too much said. You have colour noise, your subject is not in focus, underexposed and full of artefacts:

Abambo_0-1666984432963.png

497: is a Black and white picture. It's not sharp, misses contrast and detail. Other errors: The number needs to go and for the driver you will need a model release.

369: the all dominating sun does no good here.

378: Out of focus, noisy, full of artefacts.

Please give us in the future always the refusal reason. It is important to tell us, on what point the moderator did refuse your picture.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, all rejects stated quality issues. I had not considered that the driver may have needed a release form, but makes sense. Is it generally preferable not to upload in black and white? 

I was using a compact camera and no excuse but really struggle focusing with a screen, just uploaded a set from a secondhand EOS350 which I'm hoping helps improve focusing noise etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it generally preferable not to upload in black and white? 

By @marilyn26842475xcxa

No, you should stay with colour. The reason for this that the potential buyer can probably convert the picture to a BW image, but he or she cannot get the colours back.

Moderators look at the first issue they see and refuse. "Technical issues" is likely the most often used refusal reason.

Noise is in relation with the ISO, high ISO, high noise. An EOS350 has probably noticeable noise at around ISO800 and above. All depends on the editing and your noise reduction tool you use. Focussing also depends on the lens you use. And higher ISO images tend to be less sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, I always avoid going over 400 at most

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good.

As a side note: for a beginner, getting 7 out of 15 pictures accepted is a good ratio. Submit only small batches and analyse refusals. That will help you a lot. If you can't figure out the problem, you can post here. We will help you to look at the pictures, like moderators probably do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually proud of that - I suspected worse rating really and thank you want to take all the advise I can get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe considers a less than 50% ration as good enough (for seasoned contributors). So, it's OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marilyn26842475xcxa ,

After using my phone for a short period I progressed to a compact camera. With it I got some decent shots using auto focus and not moving immediately after taking the shot.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to keep sunlight above you or slightly behind your shoulder.  Pointing your camera's sensitive light sensor directly at the sun is bad for your camera (and your eyes).  It rarely works out as expected because the sky is so much brighter than the ground.  To counteract for this, experts use filters and multiple exposure settings.

https://www.theschoolofphotography.com/tutorials/sunset-photography

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, only got my SLR yesterday the others were taken on a compact I'm starting to believe isnt up to the job. Will look out for soft grad filters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, only got my SLR yesterday the others were taken on a compact I'm starting to believe isnt up to the job. Will look out for soft grad filters

============

When I got my first SLR many years ago, I took an introductory camera & photography course offered by the  store where I purchased it.  That information was essential to getting the best results from my investment.   I highly recommend taking a course. These days, you can take courses online at your own pace. 

https://www.udemy.com/course/photography-masterclass-complete-guide-to-photography/

Joining a local photography club and going on field trips together is another great way to hone your photography skills. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, have been looking at photography clubs but none fit around my day job schedule. Will look into the course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first photo is nt in focus, the shadows are underexposed and the highlights are overexposed. It is poorly cropped with a headless duck on the left side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, the poor cropping definately makes sense. any comment to the other 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marilyn26842475xcxa ,

The first file has a white balance issue. There's also color fringing and also it's over exposed and noisy.

Black and white is not recommended. The photo is has intellectual property and require model release. 

The third has blown out highlights, overexposure and out of focus.

The fourth photo has color fringing, excessive noise and white balance issue.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines