• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A.I. generated Illustrations are taking forever for being reviewed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a lot of images (photos and illustrations) in the last 3 weeks, and most of them were accepted and some other not, for fair reasons.

But I have two images (see attached image) that I sent for review 11 days ago and no decision has been made on them yet.

They both feature two AI generated women, therefore they dont' exist in real life and I don't need to provide a model release (it's also briefly described in the image title itself, as other contributors are doing, for the same kind of (approved) images).

So my question is, why are those two pictures taking so long for being reviewed?

Should I delete them and re-submit again?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has already been pointed out here in this forum that AI generated art is a carefull subject:

The art of artificial intelligence: a recent copyright law development | Reuters

Adobe is propbably waiting for a company policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph,

I understand that the AI generated material it is a sensitive issue with developments yet to be defined.

But in a previous submission of mine, 16+ pictures with AI women "models" were all accepted.

Moreover it's already possible to find many of them in the catalog:

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=AI+generated+woman

I find interesting to note that some of them come with a model release.

How can there be a model release if the person in the pictures doesn't really exist?

Maybe there is a particular way to indicate that in the release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Property release, you can't provide a model release.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take care and consider before investing too much time in submitting AI. At least one agency has decide to block AI submissions and to delete ALL the pictures already submitted. This is a real risk, Adobe have said they are looking into it, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Adobe Stock doesn't accept AI generated images at this time.  It's a controvesial issue.   Maybe that's why you haven't heard anything.

For now, submit only human created artwork for commercial sale.  Save the AI stuff for your personal use.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy for your opinion, but I'm not completely sure about this.

As I mentioned already, in my experience, I have already submitted several AI generated material, even with "models", and having explicitly written it in the title, and they were all accepted.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?serie_id=544413839

If Adobe Stock isn't accepting such material, they could easily reject them, by just reading the image title, isn't it?

In the specific case of the two pictures that are currently in reviews from 12 days right now, I think it might be more an issue with the model release, since their face looks much more clear and realistic, compared to the collection linked above.

So as Ralph ipotized, it's possible that Adobe is currently working on a new policy, but more specifically for AI generated models that could look like humans, not just generic AI generated graphics. That could explain why they didn't make a decision on those two images yet.

Would be intresting if someone from Adobe staff could give us a reply on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already submitted several AI generated material... and they were all accepted.

Would be intresting if someone from Adobe staff could give us a reply on this.

By @Ksasa

=============

That was then, this is now.  😉

According to Adobe employee, Evil Bug Queen1, this issue is under review.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/how-to-avoid-ai-art/td-p/13212456

image.png

Owing to current copyright laws in the U.S.,  other royalty-free image sites like Getty have put AI synthesized image acceptance on hold.  Unless or until the U.S. Copyright laws are changed by Congress, I don't see much future in this for commercial sale purposes.

Feel free to reach out to Stock Contributor Support.  Privately, they may shed more light this matter than they can publicly.

https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/contact

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of the copyright issue, I know that German copyright law requests a creative process for doing copyrightable art. With photography, this is handled gracefully in favour of the photographer, so that most of the photographs are considered copyrightable. This is, however, not the case for a simple descriptive AI work, like: woman, blonde, colourful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suspicion is, that the image moderator has reached out for internal expert advice on how to handle those images. You say, you do not need a model release, but the moderator may well decide otherwise. I would for such images send in a property release, with the remark, that the image is not modeled after a real person. 

As for AI generated pictures, Adobe may or may not accept them today or in the future and may sanitize the database sometime in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines