Exit

A REQUEST TO ALL VECTOR ARTISTS IN THIS COMMUNITY

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Stock to Stock Contributors.]

Hi Friends,

I am an adobe stock  user. And i have a genuine request to all vector artists who are contributers in this adobe stock site. Please DON'T leave each and every object in the file separate. Please group them together respectively like each element. (Please refer to the attached screenshot of the problem) For example, if you are designing a chair, don't leave each shape as separate entity in AI. Please group all the shapes used for its 1st leg as one group, then do this for the 2nd leg and similarly for rest of the two legs and the seat, hand rest and back rest and finally select the full chair and group it as a single entity (Ctrl+G). 

I am an animator by profession. And ungrouped things in AI wastes a lot of my time to group them. Please be aware that all the people who are downloading your assets may not be only designers who just need to place your illustrations as it is in their file and export. Some of them can use your assets for animating also in which the assets are needed to be properly grouped. 

Another small request is - In AI, Please don't expand strokes into fills if not necessary. Because people like me who use after effects for animation, they need strokes mostly in case of line drawings. Because in after effects there is a command to change the AI stroke to animatable stroke in after effects, which makes our jobs easier. But it works only if the original drawing in AI is in strokes and not fill. 

Please don't ignore this post. Please consider my these two requests. 

Your works are great!! 🙂 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.  I hope the vector contributors see it and take it to heart.  There is nothing worse than licensing a poorly prepared vector image from Stock that's an unruly mess to work with.

The Stock Contributor User Guide contains other useful tips for vector artists:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Adobe Stock user forum. If you have an issue with a file please provide the file ID and explain the issue and someone will look into it. If you wish to open a discussion with our contributors you can post in their forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors/ct-p/ct-Stock-Contributors?page=1&sort=latest_repl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a file problem. This is a method i am requesting to adobe stock contributers to practice while making the their art works. I have posted it in stock contributor forum only as far as i checked.

Let me know if there's any further confusion/issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.  I hope the vector contributors see it and take it to heart.  There is nothing worse than licensing a poorly prepared vector image from Stock that's an unruly mess to work with.

The Stock Contributor User Guide contains other useful tips for vector artists:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your support. It would be even great if you can forward / share this feedback of mine with all the contributers through any other channels you are a part of or know of from your end. Just wanted this to convey to all the vector contributers. Also do let me know if there's any other way i can spread this message in addition to this forum.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @pranjalB,

I moved your post from Stock to Stock Contributors.  You might also wish to post your views on the Illustrator forum where more vector artists will see it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines