• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account Validation problem

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I tried to log into my contributor account to upload new photos and got the "validation issue you should contact us." So I reached out and was told Adobe had been informed of issues regarding recent sales on my account. I responded back and didn't hear anything until this morning. I received a 1 line answer basically accusing me of downloading my own images to increase sales. This is 100% false and a completely baseless accusation I don't even have an account to download stock images. Last time I looked at my own account I had less than 40 downloads and I think $56 in sales which I haven't even cashed out despite already paying taxes on. I have provided my stock link to friends and family if they want to download anything and the link is on my Instagram page I can't see how this would be seen as me downloading my own work. I would like to think this is just a mistake on Adobe's part but they are telling me nothing and offering no help at all. I'm not even being told they are investigating this matter. I would assume their engineers and tech people are smart enough to see this accusation is false via account names, IP addresses, bank account numbers something but no I'm basically fighting to clear my name with Adobe and and getting no where. Has anyone else had to do this? If so, any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SarahAnne10,

Only Adobe Contributor help could be of help here. And yes, I think, they have smart engineers there.

Look at your messages (also spam) to see communication from Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope their engineers get to the bottom of this and quickly. I heard from another person at Adobe yesterday who was much more professional and nice about the situation. He said all the evidence on my case seems to indicate the sales were not made by normal customers but I don't understand why they would assume right off the bat that I had anything to do with them. Like I said I don't have any additional accounts other than my contributor one so I fail to understand how anything could point to me. I'm sure there are shady people out there that pull this crap all the time, I work for a fortune 100 company and I see what people are willing to do for money every day. But I am not one of those kinds of people and having to fight like this is very frustrating and the fact the truth doesn't matter here is sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope their engineers get to the bottom of this and quickly. I heard from another person at Adobe yesterday who was much more professional and nice about the situation. He said all the evidence on my case seems to indicate the sales were not made by normal customers (...)

By @SarahAnne10

So, it seems that there is something happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear something happened from the last email I got but I'm not being provided much more info than that. Whats odd is that the last sales I can recall getting were several weeks ago for $1.78. I don't even have 40 download so I'm very confused. Unless something happened after that triggering this whole debaucle. I am more at a loss than anything else because I legit don't understand how any of this points to me :(. As bad as this sounds coming from a contributor I don't even know how the whole download thing works lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) I don't even know how the whole download thing works lol. 

By @SarahAnne10

You don't need to do it yourself and for sure it's more than 3 downloads for $1.78. Anyhow, someone at Adobe seems to take care of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely appreciate your responses you seem to be someone in the know. I hope at the end as they say the truth comes out and my account will be restored. My worst fear with posting images online was always what if someone steals them, never thought in a million years I would ever have to deal with something like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely appreciate your responses you seem to be someone in the know.

By @SarahAnne10

I'm not an Adobe employee and have no say or insight into this. But I know that there are groups of people who contact contributors to boost their sales. Most certain, those transactions are illegal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible but again not surprised at all given what I see people do. I would bet you are correct I cannot see how any of that would be legal and most certainly a violation of their agreement terms. I only had $56 in sales which is small potatoes compared to other contributor accounts. I would definitely like to know more of details behind what triggered all of this but it seems Adobe is very cryptic in what the tell people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Almost 30 days later and still no updates or responses from Adobe since May 27th. Tried to post again about it since I read a lot more contributors are dealing with the same issue and got no where. The thread was locked after 1 response. Was really hoping to have my account restored by now but nope. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated in your other post on the same topic, Adobe won't discuss this in a public web forum.  We are not Adobe employees.  Nobody here can help you.

Corporate headquarters:

Adobe
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704  USA

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines