• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrylic Painting Digitized to be sold on contributor, refused on the ground of quality how to fix?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I had an acrylic painting of a sunset, I'm new to digitizing my artwork, therefore I'm unfamiliar with many of the basic requirements. My JPEG was refused on the grounds of quality issues that stated this:

Your file has one or more of these issues:

• Your vector file contains a raster/bitmap image, and vector files must not contain raster elements.
  • Your JPEG preview file has been compressed too much, so textural problems have occurred in the file.
  • Your JPEG preview resolution must not be less than 5,000 X 3,000 (15 million pixels)
  • You didn't use anti-aliasing when exporting your vector file to JPEG, so there are problems with lines on the JPEG file.

I'm attaching a picture of the work. How can I overcome these issues and export the files the right way? Any suggestions will help tons. Thank you. 

Sunset 1 Gaiaa Design Acrylic Painting Digitized JPG.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a simple question of numbers to start with:

"Your JPEG preview resolution must not be less than 5,000 X 3,000"

Check the size of your JPEG in pixels. It is less than that. The presumption is that Adobe are dealing with digital art, and you can choose the resolution, rather than being stuck with what your camera makes. Note that increasing the resolution of a photo isn't allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you submit a JPEG or an Adobe Illustrator file?

Abambo_0-1663770372933.png

This looks greatly like artefacts. I think your scan is not as clean as it should be. There may be compression artefacts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The scan copy isn't that great. It looks like you have JPEG compression; this means you get 'blocky' pixels because of the compressed file.

I guess this resulted from the scan. Either your settings were not set high enough, or the scanner doesn't have a high enough resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines