• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe blocked my account for a ridiculous reason

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe blocked my account because two of my videos were similar to two videos they found on the internet. I have accounts on many other stock sites, none of them attempt to close the account for inconsistent reasons like Adobe. I don't understand, how can you close my account because you find one or two videos similar to my videos on the internet. How do you know that the videos you found on internet are not mine? Or how can you be sure that those videos were not stolen from me? Or is it a software that manages this whole process, not real people? It scans the internet and finds a video similar to ours, then it immediately closes our account. Is that the amount of value and respect you give to the contributors? We have been working and producing videos for years and you close the account with simple excuses without asking us. Even though I e-mailed them with the proofs that the videos are my own product, they still did not give me an answer. If my account is not carefully scrutinized and the mistake is not corrected as soon as possible, I will lose my trust in Adobe and sue him in court.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The members of this forum are not Adobe employees, and are unable to answer your question as to why your account was blocked and what means were utilized to identify the videos in question. I don't think Adobe uses any software to scan the internet looking for duplicate copies of the assets that have been submitted to Adobe Stock; however it is possible that a Buyer came across the other videos and reported them to Adobe.

As to your threat to sue Adobe, perhaps you should read the indemnification clause in the Adobe Stock Contributor Agreement.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously we can't know the details. However, if someone issued a DCMA complaint against you, and you did not respond, this must be (legally) an acknowledgement that the complaint is true. DCMA complaints are raised by humans, who claim to have created a work, not an automated process. No idea if this happened; we really can't do any more than speculate. Adobe will not talk to you about this issue in a public forum, to protect your privacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Contributor support is quite responsive to requests send to them. watch your spam folder.

It is also so, that moderation and claims are taken seriously. There is no automatic scanning of any kind and decisions to close down a contributor's account are taken for reason by humans. You an Adobe know that reason and you need to take appropriate action to prove your point. 

It is baseless to continue discussing this here on this user to user forum, as Adobe won't publicly react to legal proceedings. 

As you do not have a question we can answer, I will lock this dicussion now.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines