• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom CC free offer - Nope

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last year (2019) there were constant banners on Adobe stock to upload 300 approved images and get a free year of Lightroom CC (maybe Photoshop too, I don't recall) so I did and this year: crickets. No email. No coupon. Nothing in my account. Nothing in my spam folder. 

Why do companies do this? Don't make offers you're not willing to follow through on. Had Adobe simply never promised anything, I would have happily uploaded my images and gone on with my life. Instead, now I've decided I can't trust Adobe, won't be uploading any more images in the future, and will likely be moving to Capture One or some other non-Adobe software.

No, I don't care if there's some fine print that says, "Offer not valid in Outer Sheboygan" or "only valid if account opened in 2019" or anything like that. Fine print is just a way for untrustworthy actors to cover their asses in court. It doesn't make them any less untrustworthy.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?