Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Revenu Taxes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am based in France and wanted to know if the revenu I get from Adobe Stock via PayPal include VAT or not ?

If it doesn't include VAT, I need to know if I have to ingest/pay the taxes in France or if the taxes is already taken by the US government before reaching my PayPal then profesionnal bank account. Do you know ?

By the way, I already pay my contributions (charges) so this is not the topic 🙂

Thank you for your help conccerning both of these questions,

Take care

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Adobe sends a tax statement (INT99) once a year. On the statement you should see if taxes were withheld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a tax expert. 

Based on the Tax Treaty between France and the United States, your withholding rate to the IRS is 0%. 

However, you are responsible for paying on your own whatever taxes are owed to France.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/stock/contributor/help/withholding-rates-country.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/stock/contributor/help/Taxes-non-US-citizens.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sales taxes (VAT) are for the end consumer. So, if the end consumer is located in a country that has sales taxes, sales taxes are paid according to the local rules. Intermediaries don't pay or require sales taxes. Furthermore, consider Adobe stock to be an extra-EU company, at least for what you contribute to Adobe stock. Remember, you need to fill out a US IRS required tax form, so you can well assume that you are dealing with an American company.

This differs, however, with your earnings. According to the commonly agreed doctrine, you need to pay taxes somewhere. Normally, you are taxable in the country where you live (or the other way around!). Sometimes, and depending on contracts between states, you may be taxable in the country where you earn your money. Because the type of earnings you realize is part of a treaty between the USA and France, and in that treaty it is stated that you need to pay taxes in your country of residence, the other country exempts your earning from taxes in that country. It's complicated, and it's different from country to country.

If you are unsure about how to proceed, you absolutely need to ask your tax consultant because anything that we may or may not affirm here is like hot air… This is not the place to ask tax questions of any kind.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines