Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stocks pictures rejected

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

Can someone try to explain me why theses pictures are rejected ? It could be very helpful for my next shots, thanks a lot ! 

best whishes

30-04-2022_import 10_0085.jpgB0000573_1.jpgB0000406.jpgB0001266.jpgB0001267.jpgB0001268.jpg30-04-2022_import 10_0049.jpgB0001285.jpgB0001235.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Adobe always gives a general reason for rejection. My guess is that they were rejected because of technical problems.
The first three photos are very dark. In some of them the depth of field is too shallow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Too many to comment on each one. The first one is underexposed and not well composed. If the ladybug was meant to be the focal point of the composition you should have gotten much closer or zoomed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Alan Smithee 93 ,

All your photos are underexposed with too much out of focus. The strawberry leaf has lost details in the highlights. 

To improve the quality of your files I suggest you read-up on what Adobe is looking for and the tips you need to improve your submission. Also these additional tips will help you to see where you need to improve and how.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Hello,

To reiterate, your photos are too dark - underexposed, not enough is in focus, the ladybird photo is too small and dark to see what it actually is, (it seems it was dark anyway, and you used a flash). Other points to consider are the composition, and most important, commercial use of these photos. How can they be used in a commercial setting? What could they be used for?

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always gives a general reason for rejection. My guess is that they were rejected because of technical problems.
The first three photos are very dark. In some of them the depth of field is too shallow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too many to comment on each one. The first one is underexposed and not well composed. If the ladybug was meant to be the focal point of the composition you should have gotten much closer or zoomed in.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alan Smithee 93 ,

All your photos are underexposed with too much out of focus. The strawberry leaf has lost details in the highlights. 

To improve the quality of your files I suggest you read-up on what Adobe is looking for and the tips you need to improve your submission. Also these additional tips will help you to see where you need to improve and how.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To reiterate, your photos are too dark - underexposed, not enough is in focus, the ladybird photo is too small and dark to see what it actually is, (it seems it was dark anyway, and you used a flash). Other points to consider are the composition, and most important, commercial use of these photos. How can they be used in a commercial setting? What could they be used for?

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not load more than two or three images, it's getting crowded, and chances are, that the error is more or less the same. And then always post the reason, that Adobe returned. My guess here is "Technical Issues".

I just loaded your dark red rose. It's underexposed, as the histogram shows:

Abambo_0-1662642948092.png

Focus should be at the heart of the rose:

Abambo_1-1662643017699.png

In addition, the picture is noisy (here at 100% 

Abambo_2-1662643130696.png

)

and is missing contrast.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for all yours advices, tips and critics from all of you,

i appreciated that and will challenge myself for making better capture 

greeting and best whishes to all of you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that if I do too much retouching (spot healing, cloning, etc.), they get rejected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @thekohlervillager,

I'm not sure why it is that way with you. There are times I have to do a lot and at critical areas and my files do not get rejected. I believe there are other reasons that you might not ID.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just submitted several photos that got accepted this time, after getting rejected the first time. Only difference was I did more spot healing and cloning the first time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently got a rejection, where I hastily made a healing correction. I didn't check full size, but the moderator did and detected the artefacts I introduced. I redid the correction, this time with more care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the spot healing and cloning are not skillfully done, that can result in a technical rejection. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines