• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobestock promotes other artists' work with my work on google?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a question, it concerns my graphics. Can someone explain to me why the images that are assigned to my account, are displayed in google under a different title? When I click on an image, I am redirected to another seller's profile, under that link is a picture of a cat from the description. Wtf?
Does adobestock promote profiles of other users with my works?
I attach the images below.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Hi,

I think you have your answers since you posted the same question also on Facebook. The Contributor Support Team was already made aware. That is the appropriate contact. Sometimes a little patience is needed. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are millions of cat images in Adobe Stock and it's quite possible that some have the same titles. Adobe doesn't promote our work on Google. It's the other way around; Google searches the internet to index images. Try searching Adobe Stock using the title on your image to see how results are returned.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand. I wrote journey inside the ego, and the result was my picture with different tittle redirecting me to the cat. My other pictures are signed correctly and redirect me to the right pictures.

So why are some correct and others not even after clearing the browser? Besides, on November 3,4 I noticed a huge drop in sales of just those images in this category. Coincidence? I don't think so.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BartÅ‚omiej KopczyÅ„ski wrote:

I dont understand. I wrote journey inside the ego, and the result was my picture with different tittle redirecting me to the cat.

You did confuse me too with your settings above. We (humans) are image centric and read texts not very accuratly, when presented with images (a human brain thing). I too thought, the cat was your picture... 😂

May I suggest you omit expressions like wtf on these fora in the future. Even if you are angry!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, cat is not my picture 🙂 

Ok, i will not write "wtf" anymore (and similiar) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has no influence on how something is represented on Google. You should ask Google what leads to this results. 

I do not get your results: 85005FDB-89F2-424B-A22D-A0123943D25C.jpeg

The results you get, however, look more like a browser bug than anything else. Clean cookies and cache and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about thise one? https://images.app.goo.gl/NdqRushEortzyj987  I have cleaned a history, cookies, an all what you have sugested. I am still geting wrong title on the picture from link (bellow)4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you are getting different results! Which means that results are depending on some obscure parameters in your search history. I strongly suggest, you ask your questions in a Google forum. There are plenty of methods to fool the search engine, but I would not assume, that Adobe manipulated it's websites to harm YOUR sales. There interest is that the results displayed on Google are correct and accurate when Adobe stock is referenced. But at the end of the day, Google is responsible for Google results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared  resech history my friend and yet I still get this result! 🙂 But I will take the advice and ask on the google forum. I still have a strange feeling that Adobe has something to do with it (and my intuition doesn't usually fail;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What possible motivation would Adobe have to mix up the titles and images? They are in business to sell images, not to misdirect and confuse potential customers. Nevertheless, if someone is interested in finding/licensing an image for a project they're working on, they most likely will search within Adobe Stock and not rely on a Google search.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, customers who buy images from Adobe, search in Adobe and not Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L wrote:

Exactly, customers who buy images from Adobe, search in Adobe and not Google.

I would say, that this is wrong. Indeed, Adobe recommends to give good titles to enhance your chances that people find your pictures with Google searches. Inside of stock, they use probably exclusively stock search, even that you can also use google search to search specific sites only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine that you take a position that allows you to promote an author (e.g., a colleague, ex-partner or business parrtner from private life) in a particular category on the Adobe site. What do you do when someone pops you or annoys you? And, for example, you redirect inquiries to your colleague 🙂 I live on this planet 40 years and nothing will suprise me anymore. If he does this with, for example, 20 - 40 of my images then the company's image will not suffer because it is a negligible percentage of adobe images.

Anyway, i'll do an investigation, I'm curious to see where it takes me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BartÅ‚omiej KopczyÅ„ski wrote:

I still have a strange feeling that Adobe has something to do with it (and my intuition doesn't usually fail;)

We are leaving here the scientific reasoning and entering the world of the conspiracy theories. You, me,  @RALPH_L , @Jill_C and all others here are nobodies for Adobe. They wouldn't even see it, when we would leave stock. They are, however, interested selling stock, and giving best and relevant search results is key to sell. Outside people, however, may have a reason to fool Google into bringing up wrong results, to promote their own files. Google tries to counter this by counter measures, but it's a cat and mouse game. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I think you have your answers since you posted the same question also on Facebook. The Contributor Support Team was already made aware. That is the appropriate contact. Sometimes a little patience is needed. Good luck.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines