Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice needed on meeting criteria

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the site and only a hobby photographer. Ive had a few photos rejected already on technical issues, like this one, and wondered what I'm overlooking. Composition or resolution etc? most of my photos are land scapes etc and would welcome any advice. Thankstides out 1.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Hi @Errol5C41 ,

I see just two problem. The shadow inside the boat is too dark and details are lost, and you need to remove the writing from the back of the boat. Otherwise it seem fine.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the main problem might be the "address" information (or whatever that is) on the boat. For me personally, the boat is also not exactly in focus - this could be corrected by using a higher aperture than 5.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I hadnt noticed the address, and it was my own photo! >_< 

It was taken a couple of years ago and I didnt check. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Regarding the composition, you are dividing the picture in two with the horizon.

When enlarged to 100% you're beginning to see the pixels, so it is beginning to suffer from JPEG compression.

Probably not that good for enlargements - especially as the intended audience is for commercial use.

You should read more about Adobe Stock.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...
and:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html

Follow the links in the guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Ricky. Very helpful. And thanks for these links. 

Apreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Errol5C41 ,

I see just two problem. The shadow inside the boat is too dark and details are lost, and you need to remove the writing from the back of the boat. Otherwise it seem fine.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JG, I'm beginning to realise the difference between choosing a photo I "like" on facebook vs a photo that I might use comercially. - I will need to look more closely at the types of photos I look to submit.

Thanks for your feedback

Errol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @Errol5C41 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines