• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aesthetic unattractiveness

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo rejected for unattractive aesthetic and commercial reasons. An image with a real hermit's hideout in the forest. Is it interesting?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

I suppose it might interest other hermits who are living off the grid.  😉

But for the rest of us who use Adobe Stock images for commercial projects, not at all.

Better luck next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For commercial value - No. It is not interesting! It is indeed lacking aesthetic and commercial value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it might interest other hermits who are living off the grid.  😉

But for the rest of us who use Adobe Stock images for commercial projects, not at all.

Better luck next time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's interesting in the sense that it's a peek into another way of living; however, the Adobe Moderators have a good sense (and a list of guidelines) of the types of images that they know will sell and have sold. I have also had images rejected on the basis of aesthetics, and it's certainly frustrating, particularly when you know that your image is technically well executed. Remember this isn't an art gallery; it all comes down to what is saleable.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I myself have written hundreds of articles, which I illustrated with my own and others' photographs. These were often very unexpected decisions. No one can determine the commercial value of an image only if there are many duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I have written hundreds of articles, which I illustrated with my own and others' photographs.

==========

@Stas5E2B,

"Editorial Use Only" is a totally separate license.  Adobe Stock gets their EUO images from trusted partners and news agencies only.  Individual contributors cannot submit EUO images. 

Anything you submit to Stock must be commercially suitable for use in product packaging, merchandising, marketing, commercials, social media, websites, email, videos, etc...

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms#visualAssets

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No one can determine the commercial value of an image only if there are many duplicates.

By @Stas5E2B

It's a refusal for assets submitted. It does not say that the picture really does not sell. I have submitted pictures to Adobe stock that sell, but I would not buy them. This is the kind of discussion that I don't take. I got pictures refused for lacking ascetic appeal and commercial value... So, what? I move on! Don't take it as a judgement of your photography talent.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines