• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after technical rejection, leveled horizon, other suggestions?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A slightly different version of this picture was rejected on technical grounds. I rotated the picture so the horizon is level.

Are there other technical factors that need improvement or should be done better on a future submission?

Bruce

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

The horizon is still slightly off. Use the grid when you crop/rotate to ensure that it's perfectly level. Is this a crop? It appears to be quite pixelated when I zoom in between 100-200% which is what the Moderator will do. It also lacks sharp focus, and could use a touch of dehaze. For instance, the structure on the beach is quite blurry. There is noise in the sky, and I think you could use a linear gradient to make the sky a bit darker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The horizon is still slightly off. Use the grid when you crop/rotate to ensure that it's perfectly level. Is this a crop? It appears to be quite pixelated when I zoom in between 100-200% which is what the Moderator will do. It also lacks sharp focus, and could use a touch of dehaze. For instance, the structure on the beach is quite blurry. There is noise in the sky, and I think you could use a linear gradient to make the sky a bit darker. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be overly critical but this composition lacks much WOW factor.  In the absence of any boats, people or colorful kites to bring life to it, the water and cliffside homes are the main subject.  Crop this tighter, boost vibrance and add a touch of sharpening to the cliffside.  Also remove any unwanted noise.  Combined, I think these adjustments will give it more visual appeal.  My quick example is a little oversaturated but you get the general idea. 

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the tecnical problems that @Jill_C mentioned, I think it is important to compose your photos

so that they are apealling and stand out above the others. Use the Rule of  Thirds. You also have to much foreground and a large empty sky.

Untitled-1-Edit-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines