• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Again, this has been rejected for technical issues

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why. Good color. Sharp focus. Excellent content - tells a story, but still rejected. I'm baffled. And tech support does not explain why. They just say its been rejected to tech issues thereby leaving me to wonder what's the matter so I can fix it for future shots.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Cute image. It's underexposed with a red/orange color cast. Focus on the eyes isn't quite sharp enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cute image. It's underexposed with a red/orange color cast. Focus on the eyes isn't quite sharp enough.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture is indeed underexposed as shown on the histogram:

Abambo_0-1657655654070.png

You see that to the right the whites and half of the highlights are missing.

I think, however, that the focus on the eyes is as sharp as it could be, but that the overall picture quality is not sufficient as you have a white border at the trousers (too much sharpening?), the colours are washed out (noise reduction?) and you have colour noise (very pronounced on the boy's legs)!

Abambo_2-1657656047180.png

Even that your camera was a high-end at the time the camera has been released (around 2005), you really need to shoot carefully, with enough light and correct settings, so that corrections needed are limited.

In addition, even if it sounds overkill, I would expect that you would need a model release for the boy and a property release for the artwork.

If the picture exists in raw, I would think, that you may be able to save the image.

As a side question: tech support, is that contributor support? In all cases, Adobe won't provide you more information than they did. You need to understand that they have each day thousands of pictures to check, and if for each refusal, they would need to write an extensive rejection reason, they would not finish in reasonable time limits. Contributing is not a photo school, and Adobe simply assumes that you know your "job" before contributing. The check is not done to help the contributors, but to protect the paying customers from bad and unusable pictures.

And yes, if technically correct and with all the releases, this picture would be highly welcome to the stock database.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you great insights. Next time I shoot a shot like this I'll pay more attention. BTW, this camera has been retired now for several years. It's just not up to today's standards. In the process of upgrading ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you great insights. Next time I shoot a shot like this I'll pay more attention. BTW, this camera has been retired now for several years. It's just not up to today's standards. In the process of upgrading ASAP.

By @SDT1954

The camera is probably still very well usable, but as soon as you have suboptimal light situations, you are getting in trouble. First I thought, this was a classic small-sensor-size picture, because of the flattened colour in the reds.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with what you're seeing. I back off from the post production in the future. Thanks for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong?  The child's ears are bright RED!  Do the flesh tone colors look normal to you?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got that red fixed and toned down the over saturation, etc. Also brightened up the image. Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Кажется,ты переборщил с обработкой. и размер фото проверь,не менее 4мб

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines