• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI-generated faces submitted with property release -- kicked back to "In Review" status

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted three images with AI-generated faces, and for each I submitted a separate property review form (see example below).  I designated myself as the property owner and the artist, signed appropriately, and got a witness signature.  All three were placed back in "In Review" status with the "MODEL OR PROPERTY RELEASE PROBLEM" feedback.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

File IDs 536870856, 536870857 and 536870870 fwiw...

536870856 property release.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not. 

Synthesized machine-generated artwork is a very sticky topic right now. There are multiple legal controversies surrounding it.  See below for more details.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindustry/art-artificial-intelligence-recent-copyright-law-develop...

Also see this related discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/how-to-avoid-ai-art/td-p/13212456

I'm of the personal view that synthesized art should be used to enhance original human artwork, not replace it.  For those reasons, I think it would be ethically & commercially wrong to sell human generated content alongside machine generated content without making a clear distinction between the two.

Currently Adobe Stock has no category for synthesized artwork and no written policy about it in the Stock Contributor User Guide. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links reviewed, much appreciated.  In particular, re: that second link, wow -- thank you for your insightful comment on that post.  I would welcome a separate category so image buyers can make an informed choice -- and my own images (generated with an MJ account with the additional "private" level purchased) are a mix of AI-assisted and those where the AI, in the end, didn't really need any assistance -- though I prob ran a zillion prompts and variations to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info. Other stock agencies have now reported they will no longer accept AI generated content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RALPH_L 

I know Getty doesn't accept AI.  Which others do you know about?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines