• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Images Rejected for "Technical Issues" (no details)

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I am a relatively new member here, but I have around 600 or so images on Shutterstock. I am learning a lot posting my images for stock, and happy to be correcting my technique as I take new photos. I noticed both times I submitted around 30 or so new photos to be considered, every single one was rejected for "technical issues" with no guidance on what was wrong.

Some of these have sold elsewhere. I'm not sure what's wrong with them according to Adobe since they just say "technical issues." I would like to continue to improve my photography but would also like to build my portfolio as I only have 100-ish photos currently here. 

Please can anyone offer insight as to what's wrong on these images? I would like to improve my skill and also not waste my time or anyone else's with submissions. "Technical issues" is very vague and unhelpful for actually improving. Thanks in advance for any insights! 

IMG_20200131_153235.jpgIMG_20191125_113118 (1).jpgIMG_20191225_101837.jpgIMG_20191224_222204.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @danceswithwordsllc ,

Your pile are nice. For all files I look at it would appear you needed a little more depth of field - not much. Also they feature a little grain. Not much either. I do not know if that contributed to the rejection. I know that amount of grain would get pass on most other platforms. 

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1608837341925.png

This file feature slight blue color fringing.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1608837413465.png

This the composition is not good. 

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1608837518490.png

Wide soft edge as though there was a slight camera shake.

The next file features some roughness on one of the balls that might be interpreted as noise. Frankly I like it like that. View your files at 100 - 200% for faults.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Nice image but in the histogram are missing the highlights (the image tends to be lightly underexposed).  A slight edit will help here. The overall colour balance is a tick to bluish. The out of focus elements look like they where through some motion blur filter. I think the algorithm that is processing your pictures tries to fake optical lens effects.

Abambo_0-1608903988897.png

Abambo_1-1608904000859.png

The tree image is a little flat, colours could be more punchy. But I think the refusal reason is the fake DoF. It may also well be that the camera software considered the "snow" as noise and just tried to get rid of that. The result is an unatural look of that part of the image:

Abambo_2-1608904273216.png

The framing also is not the best as the background door is disturbing. But also especially in that part of the image is some noise and are disturbing artefacts:

Abambo_3-1608904484649.png

The Mommy image is simply not in focus (sharp). There is also some visible noise.

Abambo_4-1608904600606.png

The final cakes image has different issues:

The DoF looks fake again. The composition is not great, with that part of paper plate and sheet of paper. The image shows details like a fine hair on a cake, but the cake itself is washed out. In the shadow area is noise.

Abambo_5-1608904913204.png

There are noise and washed out colours on the background (cloud) and artefacts around the light points (arrow).

Abambo_6-1608905130450.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines