• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All photos not accepted.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a simple question, all my photos that I uploaded similar to the ones I've attached weren't accepted for quality issues. This is frustrating because I wanted to upload more similar photos, photographed in similar lighting conditions, with the same camera, and I don't know what's wrong?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Your first picture has an exposure problem:

Abambo_0-1675607024043.png

The histogram is missing blacks (left) and parts of the highlights and all whites. You have a rather high noise level and some chromatic aberration.

Your second picture has similar exposure problems:

Abambo_1-1675607190792.png

The histogram as shown creates a flat look with missing contrasts.

Your last picture's histogram:

Abambo_0-1675607705849.png

That leads us to the blue carpet. The histogram is really more equilibrated and needs only marginal tweaks. The noise level is, however, quite high. Ge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first picture has an exposure problem:

Abambo_0-1675607024043.png

The histogram is missing blacks (left) and parts of the highlights and all whites. You have a rather high noise level and some chromatic aberration.

Your second picture has similar exposure problems:

Abambo_1-1675607190792.png

The histogram as shown creates a flat look with missing contrasts.

Your last picture's histogram:

Abambo_0-1675607705849.png

That leads us to the blue carpet. The histogram is really more equilibrated and needs only marginal tweaks. The noise level is, however, quite high. Generally, you should allow for a little more DOF.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ABAMBO, thank you for your answer, it's really helpful for me. So I'm wondering, if I make a correction, can I try to upload the photos to the market again? Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm wondering, if I make a correction, can I try to upload the photos to the market again? Is it possible?

By @Michael-buf

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael-buf,

Too much of the first photo is out of focus, it exhibits color noise and is slightly underexposed.

The second photo is not in sharp focus and is also underexposed.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1675616810813.png

The third seem to be similar to the second and you added special effect. You are to keep your photos as close to natural as possible.

The fourth also has an exposure issue. The highlights seem to be too high and it too has a focus problem.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1675616744937.png

Always endeavour to make the elements in the forefront of your capture in focus, otherwise remove it. You need to set the correct depth of field for your captures.

You will benefit by reading through all the information at Stock Contributor Learn and |Support, Creating Better Photos for Adobe Stock and these additional tips to improve you submissions.

Please note: The last link contain videos to LinkedIn Learn Photography courses one of which might auto-start when the link opens.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Jacquelin. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Michael-buf .

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something odd about the focus on these that I can't quite place my finger on.  As I look around the frame while zoomed in, there appear to be random blurry spots.  Were they taken with a macro lens or long focal length?  Maybe that's what @Abambo was talking about with the depth of field.  Including the metadata would be helpful for reviewing. 

On the wooden floor especially, I feel like every other plank is blurry.  But I also feel like my eyes are being deceived.  Would you mind sharing a bit about your equipment and settings?

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George. About the equipment: Nikon Z 6II, Viltrox AF 85 (portrait lens, I know). Exposure: ISO 320/ 85 mm / F:1,8 / 1,30s. You're all right about sharpness, the problem is probably the use of f/1.8.

I wanted to thank you all for your help, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael-buf 

Lots of rejections could signal dirty equipment.

When was the last time you did a thorough camera, sensor and lens cleaning?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy. I think it's rather something else. I have cleaned recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically higher ISO settings will produce greater noise signals.  But some cameras with dual gain ISO will give better results at higher ISO than lower ones.  It's a finesse game and every camera is different.

Perform an equipment test. It's the first step in understanding your camera's limits.

1. Find an object -- a toy, piece of fruit, anything you have on hand will do. 
  2. Place object on a solid surface in a well lit space.
  3. To reduce motion, mount your camera on a stable tripod. Use a remote shutter if you have one.
  4. Test camera equipment, from various focal distances, apertures, ISO and shutter speeds. Take notes.
  5. Compare RAW photos in Photoshop or Lightroom.  Examine each one at 100-300% magnification. 
  6. When done, you should have a range of settings that produce best results in your camera.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy for your advice. I will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm recving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK I'm recving
By @uzaifnadeem

What's your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines