Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All pictures rejected due to quality issues

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I submitted around 50 pictures. All of them got rejected due to "quality issues". Some of those pictures got rejected pretty fast (I was thinking by a bot) and those are pictures where I can really understand the rejection. But after a couple of days, the rest of the pictures were rejected also (including this one). I can not really understand why and what kind of "quality" issues there are (with this example). I do not have the best gear nor the best skills for taking photos, but in my eyes a picture like that is pretty good and it should not get rejected. 
I am thankful for any clarification .

DSCN6839.JPG

 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Hello,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it might be good in your eyes, in mine it isn't - nor in the histogram:

ricky336_0-1684499693792.png

It is underexposed - photo is on the dark side, the photo could be sharper, but probably because of the type of camera and lens.

There are quite a few quality issues, so to get an understanding of what kinds of quality issues, have a good read of the following links:

User guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
Exposure:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/exposure-in-photography.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it might be good in your eyes, in mine it isn't - nor in the histogram:

ricky336_0-1684499693792.png

It is underexposed - photo is on the dark side, the photo could be sharper, but probably because of the type of camera and lens.

There are quite a few quality issues, so to get an understanding of what kinds of quality issues, have a good read of the following links:

User guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
Exposure:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/exposure-in-photography.html
Composition:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/photo-composition.html

Artists' hub:

https://stock.adobe.com/pages/artisthub/

Content rejection:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Histogram: 
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/how-to-read-a-histogram.html

And, flowers on Adobe are everywhere. This subject is as common as mud!

Strongly recommend trying a different subject - for ideas look at the artists' hub link!!

And the bots haven't taken over yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @ricky336 said, there are tons of flowers so make yours stand out. Try to narrow the market.

for instance "pink blossom camellia" returns 20k results.

"macro pink blossom camellia" only 5k.

Here your photo as macro:

Untitled-1a-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG not another flower!! 😱

You're competing with 28 million perfect flowers in current inventory.  Even if it's accepted at some point, you'll make next to zero sales from this so why bother?

In the absence of good "gear" and training, dare to be different.  Use your imagination.  Find subjects and situations that nobody else is doing.  

Before you submit, compare your work with current Stock inventory. 

• How many others does Stock have? 
  • Is your work as good or better than what Stock has?
  • Would you buy yours over what's available?
  • And if so, what would you use it for commercially?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already written this in another post.

For a month or more there have been a series of inexplicable rejections. I have many batches in which 100% of the photographs are rejected (I've been a contributor for about 10 years and more than 10,000 accepted photos, so that's enough time to learn which photos are valid and which are not) and some that I have reuploaded are accepted.

It's exactly the same as what happened a few months ago at Shutterstock where they put an AI to review the photos and it rejected all of them, you uploaded it again, then a person reviewed them and they were accepted.

Although here they will tell you no (there are a number of people who answer very quickly with a copy/paste that either tell you that the white balance is wrong and that it has no commercial value, I suppose they are Adobe workers) it is not normal what is happening to go from an acceptance rate of approx 75% to 0%. I'll wait a while and upload them again.

Greetings
Jose Luis
P.S. My portfolio https://stock.adobe.com/es/contributor/205079068/josevgluis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a month or more there have been a series of inexplicable rejections....

I suppose they are Adobe workers.

By @jslsvg

=========

1. Check your equipment.  Maybe your camera needs professional cleaning or replacement.

2. No.  Adobe employees rarely come here.  This is a user-to-user community.  We are fellow users and unpaid forum volunteers with many years of experience.   We can look at an image and tell you why it was probably rejected

3. Carefully read your Stock User Guide.  It contains the latest information about what's required and how to get your artwork accepted.  Pay particular attention to latest Generative AI requirements.  NOTE:  AI Illustrations are not photographs.  They have a separate submission category.

4. Always compare your work with current Stock inventory.  Your work should be as good or better than what Stock has.  If it's not, fix it.  If you can't fix it, don't submit it.  That should reduce your rejection rate.

Stock Contributor User Guide:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the answers copy/paste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the answers copy/paste

By @jslsvg

===========

You're welcome -- for the valuable insights & copy/paste.  Hopefully you have the maturity it takes to use them wisely & become a successful Stock Contributor.  🙂  Only time will tell...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I remind you of a different answer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/rechazadas-por-falta-de-calidad/m-p/13...

There is nothing wrong with refusals. Use them to become a better photographer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to your contribution I just discovered that one day last month I went to bed knowing something about photography (approx. 70% acceptance) and the next day I woke up knowing nothing (zero% acceptance)
Thank you really if it was not for your advice I would never have discovered it.
Greetings
Jose Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A garbage can attitude isn't a positive way to approach things.

The sooner you accept that the past cannot be changed, only the present can change, you'll be a much happier person.

Adobe Stock Reviewers decisions are final.  There is no appeals process. 

Either fix your image and resubmit or don't.  It's your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, you're welcome. I'm always happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

By @jslsvg

'For a month or more there have been a series of inexplicable rejections.'

- Actually, the rejections can be explained quite easily. Mostly fall into the area of exposure, focus, composition, artifacts...

'I have many batches in which 100% of the photographs are rejected (I've been a contributor for about 10 years and more than 10,000 accepted photos'

- having more than 10,000 photos accepted, does not mean that they will be accepted today. Competition is very, very, high now. 10 years ago, the microstock market was quite small compared to now.

'they put an AI to review the photos and it rejected all of them, you uploaded it again, then a person reviewed them and they were accepted.'

- I actually don't know personally if AI is used. We're told by Adobe, that they don't! This question has been asked in the past, and the answer was that they don't by an Adobe employee!

'either tell you that the white balance is wrong and that it has no commercial value,'

- Well, quite often the white balance is wrong, and the photo really does not have commercial value. People often forget about this aspect!

'it is not normal what is happening to go from an acceptance rate of approx 75% to 0%. '

- I beg to differ. I don't find it unusual at all. Adobe now has a wider choice of what is good vs what is bad.

Some answers might seem like copy/paste, doesn't mean to say it's wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to your contribution I just discovered that one day last month I went to bed knowing something about photography (approx. 70% acceptance) and the next day I woke up knowing nothing (zero% acceptance)
Thank you really if it was not for your advice I would never have discovered it.
Greetings Jose Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You learn something new everyday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already written this in another post.

For a month or more there have been a series of inexplicable rejections.

By @jslsvg

The refusal of this asset is not inexplicable. Looking into your portfolio, some of your assets could also have earned a refusal, because of the framing: https://stock.adobe.com/es/images/narcissus-delnashaugh-cultivated-in-a-garden-in-madrid/599831299?p...

That's simply the human factor in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I submitted around 50 pictures. All of them got rejected due to "quality issues". Some of those pictures got rejected pretty fast (I was thinking by a bot) and those are pictures where I can really understand the rejection.

By @Alex29926597qqsj

There is no bot. They are all refused by people. But they refuse at the first error they see. So if I would be a moderator, the picture shown would be an easy one to refuse. Just for you to understand how that works:

1. Flower picture. There are plenty of flower pictures, so the submitted pictures can be rejected pretty fast,
  2. if there is the slightest issue.
  3. Framing: the flower touches the lower border. Refuse for quality issues. 1 second, maximum.
  4. But for the exercise, let's assume it's a great framing: the background is unpleasantly too dark. Refuse for quality issues, 1 second, maximum. We don't even need the histogram. 
  5. But for the exercise, let's assume the background exposure is OK. You see a distracting highlight, catching the eye. Abambo_0-1684692564425.png Refuse for quality issues.

I could continue. At some point, I would check sharpness and contrast and noise and other issues. But as I refuse at the first error, I barely take a dive into the picture. Sorry to say, but the stock business is a fast one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines