• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All rejected for tech issues

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all 8 of my images rejected for technical issues today AND there was nothing wrong with them although I'm not a  pixel peeper..In the last submission, I had 14 and all were accepted. What the hell is going on? I want to leave adobe cos it is not working and have no chance of getting to even minimum payment. I feel I am being unfairly treated.

Note that I recently had a photo rejected. so I  complained to adobe and they reinstated it and guess what! It sold almost straight away. I believe they are wrong much too often and don't have a clue what a good photo actually is.. 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

IP issues could be a problem here. Not sure about photographing a police car - and it is recognisable as being from the UK as well as the ambulance. So other than tech issues, I dare say you will have IP issues as well.

The houseboats probably also come under this. Remember, these images will be used commercially, so you ought to get permission from the owners of the property, shouldn't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Most of us here are not Adobe employees but photographers and contributors like you. I understand the disappointment of rejection and when you came here for some observations and constructive criticism we welcome you. The photo with the police vehicle looks to be in front of an easily-identifiable residential building. Even if, as you claim, police cars are publicly owned and therefore not protected, as a stock image, the inference in this shot is that the police are making a visit to this resid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that I take most of my photos with low ISO settings on bright sunny days. I often stop down past f11 to get more DOF but the photos end up not quite as sharp but properly trained reviewers should know that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IP issues could be a problem here. Not sure about photographing a police car - and it is recognisable as being from the UK as well as the ambulance. So other than tech issues, I dare say you will have IP issues as well.

The houseboats probably also come under this. Remember, these images will be used commercially, so you ought to get permission from the owners of the property, shouldn't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they were all rejected for tech issues, not IP because I had a police car accepted (they are owned by taxpayers ie the public) I had boat photos accepted before. In any case, there is no way anyone could even find out who owns the boats let alone get permission and there are no boat names because I cloned one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of us here are not Adobe employees but photographers and contributors like you. I understand the disappointment of rejection and when you came here for some observations and constructive criticism we welcome you. The photo with the police vehicle looks to be in front of an easily-identifiable residential building. Even if, as you claim, police cars are publicly owned and therefore not protected, as a stock image, the inference in this shot is that the police are making a visit to this residence or that a police officer lives here. Can you imagine that a photo like this used commercially could possibly endanger such people and bring liability back on you and Adobe? It's your responsibility to think these things through before submitting stock photographs. This is an editorial image and should be captioned accurately and accordingly. If you want to take photos of police vehicles and equipment, shoot them in completely neutral settings and if possible, with the cooperation of law enforcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So adobe expects us to get permission for a photo of the property in a photo which is a lot of extra work yet you may only get 25c for the DL of the picture. Hardly fair is it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beauty of Capitalism😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines