• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All right, what's wrong with this photo?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got rejected for "technical reasons". Like what? I checked it at 100% and there's no noise in the shadow areas, no blown-out highlights, and no chromatic aberration around the edges of objects. The colors are accurate to what I saw on the day. The picture has been sharpened but not over-sharpened in Lightroom and I can't see any areas that are out of focus. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do noise reduction? The area around the bridge does look a bit weird with washed out colours no details left over.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was only minimal noise reduction applied in Lightroom (approximately 15 luminance, default 25 color). The trees around the bridge appear to be as saturated as the trees nearer the camera, at least when I use Photoshop's color picker on them. As for detail, I'm not sure what you were expecting to see there -- the bridge is a very basic structure with no ornamentation and it's far enough away from the camera that you wouldn't be able to make out individual rocks in the river, etc, at that distance. I did remove a logo from the bus, but that affected only a tiny area of the photo. To be honest, the rejection still seems pretty arbitrary to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @mlw_nz ,

It would appear it was a sunny day. I judged that from what appears to be shadows beneath the trees. However, your photo is not bringing out the sun. If your white balance is not correct or your image is under exposed this will be the case. With the amount of blues in the mountain, I conclude the white balance is a bit out. The details of the tree are lost. It could be that your focal point was too far, or due to too much noise reduction.

It's a nice composition.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1619802452938.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines