• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcing the Adobe Stock policy on generative AI content

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we are announcing our policy regarding generative AI content, and Iā€™d like to share that weā€Æhave begun acceptingā€Æillustrationsā€Æmade using generative AI into our collection. We believe that generative AI tools can help our contributor community continue to create amazing content, and we believe in transparent, clear labeling for customers when it comes to this content.

We have prepared generative AI content submission guidelines and a page toā€Æanswer commonā€Æquestions.ā€ÆWeā€Æbelieveā€Æthat our policy to accept AI generated content will enable contributors and customers to benefit from the value that AI generated content can bring.ā€Æ 

In our Discord channel for Adobe Stock contributors, we opened a new channel #ai-generated-talk as a forum for addressing further questions.ā€ÆAs always, I will also monitor this thread daily and will do my best to answer any questions not covered in the FAQ.

Submission guidelines: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-content.html

FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-faq.html

Discord community: https://discord.com/invite/adobestock

In addition to the information linked above, a blog post was published with more information on this important announcement. You can read it here: 

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2022/12/05/amplifying-human-creativity-adobe-stock-defines-new-gui...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mat Hayward

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i make art like resemble of people not real just imagery how to release mode for that

thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i make art like resemble of people not real just imagery how to release mode for that

thanks in advance 

By @Syed Muddassir

You will need a property release for those assets.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should have added a warning near the AI section of the submission process regarding model releases. This would have helped contributors avoid wasting time creating images that resemble faces or anything related to a model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the Adobe Generative AI help pages? They are quite clear on this requirement. There is also a link on the submission page to a help page which describes the release requirements. The info is readily available if you take the time to read it. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-content.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should have added a warning near the AI section of the submission process regarding model releases. This would have helped contributors avoid wasting time creating images that resemble faces or anything related to a model.

By @Edvvin28999484ktls

Sorry, but contributors should knoe the rules. BTW: There is a warning or a reminder, when you tick the generative AI flag. As the French say: "Nul est censƩ ignorer la loi." (ignorance of the law is no excuse.)

I do not submit generative AI, but I have read the rules, so should you. And btw: those rules, concerning portraits, have been in effect since ever for illustrators posting pictures of people. So there is nothing new in this. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful to include a search filter that screens out AI work, and perhaps also allows for targeting AI work if that is what you're looking for.   PLEASE šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been requested frequently on the Stock (Buyers) forum, and I think Adobe has hinted that they're working on a change to the Filters to allow a Buyer to intentionally select (or omit) AI assets. No idea how long it will take though !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Photoshop's AI generative fill to change the sky in one of my photos, do I include "AI Generative Fill" in the description -or- is it just considered a photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is FORBIDDEN to submit things made with AI in Photoshop beta to Adobe Stock today. So if it needs to be marked as AI you can't use it for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't make commercial use of ANY images in which the Photoshop BETA Generative Fill feature has been used. Adobe has stated that it is a term of use of that Beta release. We don't know yet whether they will require Contributors to refer to "Generative AI" in the titles or keywords of images when they're cleared for submission.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that Adobe Firefly is being trained largely on Adobe Stock images, I would strongly urge the Adobe Stock team to reconsider allowing AI-generated images, or at least make sure they're excluded from Firefly's training data. Considering the massive amounts of copyrighted images that have been used in the training of competing AI generators like Midjourney and Stable Diffusion, having images created by such algorithms on Adobe Stock goes against Adobe's stated goal of having Firefly's training data being completely free of any copyrighted material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines