• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any adjustments I can make to resubmit?

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This caught me by surprise and was unprepared for it, but two newly hatched birds nesting in a tree. I captured it with my phone and thought it actually came out decent. I know the branches above are way out of focus, but the subject matter I think looks great. I thought about cropping the top and bottom. But then I figured that I'd leave it in case a prospective buyer wants the space for text. Well it was rejected today for "technical issues." So let me have it... what would you fix before resubmitting it?
animals-18.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hello,

Since you took this with a smartphone, the quality isn't good for large prints - as might be used in a commercial setting.

As the sensor is small, you're going to suffer from compression artifacts as can be seen when you enlarge it to 100% or more.

(The camera saves to JPEG or Apple's format and it compresses the pixels to save space.) The quality is fine indeed for small screens, social media, and your own record etc, but not really for commercial use on a wide scale as would be with Ado

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since you took this with a smartphone, the quality isn't good for large prints - as might be used in a commercial setting.

As the sensor is small, you're going to suffer from compression artifacts as can be seen when you enlarge it to 100% or more.

(The camera saves to JPEG or Apple's format and it compresses the pixels to save space.) The quality is fine indeed for small screens, social media, and your own record etc, but not really for commercial use on a wide scale as would be with Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the good smartphone pictures I've seen, but even then, you have that painterly look. You could try to sharpen and reduce noise, adding structure and cropping the worst parts out, but I still fear that it won't get accepted. Disturbing is the lack of detail here, probably due to aggressive noise reduction:

Abambo_0-1650468257036.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @AwayWeGo50,

In addition to what is said, the out of focus twigs in the forefront is very disturbing, and detracts from the subject.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines