• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any thought on why they rejected this Photoshopped picture?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to get an undetstanding of what is acceptable. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

As a photo? Avoid filters. Realistic photos are required. (Realistic does not mean untouched, but the retouching must make it better while seeming total reality).

As an illustration? Needs to look more like an illustration and less like a photo with filters applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

If you used the Adobe Photoshop oil,paint filter to create this image, you should note that Adobe specifically states that they don't accept images with special effect filters:

Don’t: Use effect filters.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a photo? Avoid filters. Realistic photos are required. (Realistic does not mean untouched, but the retouching must make it better while seeming total reality).

As an illustration? Needs to look more like an illustration and less like a photo with filters applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. 2 questions.

1 If I would have submitted as a Illustration do you think it would have been accepted?

2 See attached I submitted this Photoshopped image as a photo and it was accepted and there are filters applied to it so I'm a liitle confused is there a line to not cross over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If moderators see that it is a photo, they will refuse it. Your second should also have been refused as it is obviously not a photo any more, but I'm uncertain if moderators are really riding on the point here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bare we me as I am really trying to understand. So the duck photo I shot and used oil paint filters on in Photoshop. Can I now call this an Illustration and have it accepted as such? Or am I not understanding the meaning of the term Illustration. I see many images on the site that started as photos then heavily photoshopped but can still see it started as a photo. Example attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think is a photoshopped photo, but rather a Generative AI asset, and as such it should have that in the title and keywords.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the Adobe Photoshop oil,paint filter to create this image, you should note that Adobe specifically states that they don't accept images with special effect filters:

Don’t: Use effect filters.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines